efficient

Complaint Review: Victoria's Secret, World Financial Network National Bank, CPP North America

• Submitted: Wed, November 11, 2009
  • Updated: Wed, November 11, 2009

• Reported By: Marcie — San Francisco California United States of America
Victoria's Secret, World Financial Network National Bank, CPP North America
3100 Easton Square Place Columbus, Ohio United States of America

Victoria's Secret, World Financial Network National Bank, CPP North America Victoria's Secret Credit Card Columbus, Ohio

I have never bought a single thing using my Victoria's Secret credit card, yet they sent me to collections for "late fees."

In February 2009, I signed up for a free month of Identity Protection (through CPP North America, LLC), expecting to receive a promised Victoria's Secret gift card in the mail.  CPP sent me more information in the mail which required a signature before I would be fully enrolled.  I did not respond.  (Modification of a contract, to which I never assented.)  I never received the promised gift card, nor did I receive any bills in the mail.  I would have called to cancel my membership had I believed myself enrolled.  Apparently CPP didn't believe me genuinely enrolled either, since they unilaterally cancelled my membership after a couple months.

In August 2009, I was denied Graduate PLUS loans because my credit report indicated a bill was "currently past due."

Yet it wasn't until October 2009 that I finally heard from World Financial Bank.  They informed me that I owe them $156.12, presumably about $30 for Identity Protector, and the rest in late fees.  They refused to waive any late fees, despite the fact that I was not aware that I owed them anything, and they never sent me a bill.  I said I would not pay the bill, and they sent me to collections.

Talk about bad-faith practices.  Anyone have a class action going?  Otherwise I'll just file my own complaint.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/11/2009 10:56 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Victorias-Secret-World-Financial-Network-National-Bank-CPP-North-America/Columbus-Ohio-43219/Victorias-Secret-World-Financial-Network-National-Bank-CPP-North-America-Victorias-Se-522822. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Victoria's Secret, World Financial Network National Bank, CPP North America