Complaint Review: Victory Martial Arts

• Updated: Wed, July 25, 2012

• Reported By: Cara Anne — Georgetown Texas United States of America
Victory Martial Arts
3803 Williams Drive Georgetown, Texas United States of America

Victory Martial Arts Georgetown, Tx Scam! Cult, creepy, pushy, used car salesmen, overcrowded, inappropriate adult-child/man-little girl fights, child molester magnet school, lyres, misrepresentation, use Elementry Schools to refer Georgetown Texas

*General Comment: Patently False Allegations

*General Comment: Patently False Allegations

THIS IS A SCAM!!! Possible child molesters go to this place!!!! Old weird men will punch your daughters boobs (I saw this with my own eyes). They convence unsuspecting parents and grandparents to sign a contract by lying to you, saying it is only and agreement to come every week and that it is not binding and only for showing commitment. NOT! It is a $5000 loan contract with intrest and fees and more equipment to purchase later to be payed off over 3 years. We were referred by the Village Elementry School and told we may be able to get a scholarship, only they couldn't talk about the price over the phone. For my son's bday my mother-in-law wanted to buy my son the lessons. We (my husband and I) went with her (the grandmother) and our son to this overcrowded, un- airconditioned, co-ed/mixed age groups (Adult-students kicking and punching children as young as 9) dojo. It looked like a cesspool for cultivating and retaining child molesters. The man who misrepresented the place, looked like he was on stimulants and completely ignored my husband and I when we voiced concerns. The worst part for me, is that they (Victory) REFUSED to allow anyone other than the signer-including the parents of the child (me and my husband)- to read the contract!! Conclusion, scam artist instructors and a dirty, creepy, something-is-wrong-but-I-can't-put-my-finger-on-it-bad feeling. The place was so over capacity and chaotic that who knows what is going on in that place! DO NOT TAKE YOUR CHILD TO THIS PLACE, UNLESS YOU KNOW YOUR CHILD WON'T CHANGE THEIR MIND IN THE NEXT 3 YRS AND YOU ARE WILLING TO TAPE YOUR EYELIDS OPEN AND MAKE YOUR KID GO TO THE POTTY AND CHANGE AT HOME!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/18/2012 12:56 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Victory-Martial-Arts/Georgetown-Texas-78628/Victory-Martial-Arts-Georgetown-Tx-Scam-Cult-creepy-pushy-used-car-salesmen-overcrow-884451. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Victory Martial Arts

#1 General Comment

Patently False Allegations

AUTHOR: Travis Y - (United States of America)

I'm writing this as I'm absolutely shocked that someone would post something like this regarding this organization.  Nothing could be further from the truth regarding Victory Martial Arts in Georgetown, Texas.

We started Victory Martial Arts in October of 2011 as part of an after school program for my six year old son.  In December of 2011, we signed a contract and my son began studying martial arts at Victory Martial Arts in Georgetown.

I could not disagree more with this complaint.  Yes, there is a contract to sign.  It is pretty simple to read. There was no deception in the manner it was presented.  Even with that being said, it is written in simple and clear language.  Any adult should be able to read it and understand it for what it is.  It's one page long if I recall correctly.  You can choose the terms regarding the length of your commitment.

Sure, you can find schools that do not require contracts.  You'll also find students and parents at these schools that are not committed to the outcome.  It's good for the school AND students to have committed adults and students.

The classes are co-ed.  The students practice together according to their skill levels.  So if you are a beginning adult, you may find yourself in a class with other beginning adults and children.  As you advance in skill (rank) you will be placed in an appropriate class.  Every class begins with an affirmation by the students that they will be respectful and courteous to each other when practicing.

As far as the co-ed issue goes, I have no issues with it whatsoever.  The students are respectful to each other based on their skill level, not gender.  The adults are not beating down the younger students as implied by this complaint.

Really, "boobs", who says that anyway?  I'm not even going to dignify this allegation with a lengthy response.  Absolutely false.

It IS a martial arts class.  There is sparring with safety gear on from head to toe.  There are self defense techniques taught, but the program goes way beyond that.  It's not a ballroom dancing class.  It's a contact sport.

In a nutshell, if you want your child to be confident, assertive, physically fit, polite, respectful, rule oriented, goal oriented, honest, equipped with life skills that will make them a successful and productive citizen, and learn some self defense at the same time, this is the place for you.

If you're not willing to commit to a longterm goal or teach your child how to achieve one, this is not the place for you.  If you're the type of parent or grandparent that enables your child or grandchild to the point of mediocrity, find a league somewhere where everybody wins a trophy.  This is not the place for you.

As far as the people running the program go, they are some of the most honest, straight shooting people you will ever meet.  I feel very fortunate to be associated with them.

#2 General Comment

Patently False Allegations

AUTHOR: Travis Y - (United States of America)