Complaint Review: Victory Motors Craig Colorado

• Submitted: Sun, July 13, 2008
  • Updated: Sat, October 18, 2008

• Reported By:Peyton Colorado
Victory Motors Craig Colorado
2705 W 1st St, Craig, CO Craig, Colorado U.S.A.

Victory Motors Of Craig Colorado Salesman Eric Ward Ower Steve Maneotis False advertisement, lied regarding condition of vehicles, Craig Colorado

*REBUTTAL Individual responds: No WAY

One year ago, July 14, 2007 I purchased two used 1996 Dodge Ram 3500 pickup trucks from salesman Eric Ward. I live several hours away so I did the best over-the-phone check up I could do asking many questions (which I will never do again). I was told nothing but lies regarding the condition of these trucks. I purchased them sigh-unseen (don't ever do this!).

Upon delivery I was shocked at the condition of these truck. I have never seen trucks so beat up and in this bad condition. Just about everything needed to be replaced on them. Not to mention, one of them had an engine swapped out, the 1996 truck had a 1991 motor in it (pretty much thrown in it very unprofessionally). False advertisement here. They look like they had been sunk in a lake. Nothing but remnants of muddy water on the floor boards (some with holes).

I had to sell one immediately at a loss becasue I didn't have the money to fix both of them.
One year later and $4,731.31 in repairs I can finally drive one of them and it still is beat up.
I cannot be more dissatisfied. My only regret was not acting legally fast enough.

Daniel
Peyton, Colorado

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/13/2008 10:12 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Victory-Motors-Craig-Colorado/Craig-Colorado-81625/Victory-Motors-Of-Craig-Colorado-Salesman-Eric-Ward-Ower-Steve-Maneotis-False-advertisemen-350866. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Victory Motors Craig Colorado

#1 REBUTTAL Individual responds

AUTHOR: Eric Ward - (U.S.A.)

This guy is so far out of line it's redicolous. We gave him a month to inspect the 2 trucks, and even paid him $1800 for the repairs for legitimate expenses.

This truck deal was practically a "buy one, get one free" deal for God's sake! We aggreed on $16K for one truck and I told him we had two of these very beat-up oil field service trucks and if he wanted both to be used as ranch trucks we'd sell both for $17K and delivered them 7 hours away. We have been more than fair and yet he still "reports" us on this site?

#2 REBUTTAL Individual responds