Complaint Review: Vida Vacation club

• Submitted: Sat, December 10, 2011
  • Updated: Tue, May 20, 2014

• Reported By: Lock — Nelson British Columbia Canada
Vida Vacation club

Vida Vacation club mayan palace, grand mayan DO Not purchase here without doing a lot of research Los cabos, Internet

*Consumer Comment: Mayan Palace Timeshare Scam

*Consumer Comment: Mayan Palace Timeshare Scam

*Consumer Comment: I got ripped off too...is there hope for me?

*Consumer Suggestion: Mayan Palace Timeshare Scam

*Author of original report: all issues have been satisfactorily resolved

*Author of original report: all matters satisfactorily resolved

*Author of original report: Vida Vacation club

*UPDATE Employee: Contact us through the proper channels

*UPDATE Employee: Contact us through our proper channels

I have done a lot of research about this company and after purchasing a year ago Im am so upset with this company and the lies I was told.  Nothing is working as I was told it would.  I hope nobody else makes the same mistake I did.  I have also sent them numerous emails and have never been replied to.  They have asked me to call them "because they want to help me".  I was the one who was lied to over and over again and I will not call them.  They can answer my emails if they actually want to help.  I have sent emails to the resort I bought from and the email that they recommended.

Please feel free to comment on this if you have been ripped off as well.  I may not be able to help my situation but I will do whatever I can to help others who do not need to go through this.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/10/2011 06:09 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Vida-Vacation-club/internet/Vida-Vacation-club-mayan-palace-grand-mayan-DO-Not-purchase-here-without-doing-a-lot-of-r-807724. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Vida Vacation club

AUTHOR: SophieM - ()

We were also scammed with a Mayan Palace Timeshare. They claim they don't misrepresent themselves. Yet the promises and the drinks ease you into signing. Once you've done that, you are screwed. Through all the other initials on your contract, you realize you initialled, that they don't misrepresent themselves. Now you are up the creek. We had 2 timeshares they claimed that Alliance marketing would sell for us in 3 months max. We would recoup the money we paid at the Grand Luxxe and would net out ahead of the game. Well 15 months later, I am out $30k and I still have the original timeshares. I have also not heard a word from Alliance marketing in several months. Plus I found out they are a marketing group, thus not legally allowed to sell. I have had to take a 2nd mortgage out on my house. All the answers I have seen from the Mayan on various websites show they are not at all interested in helping out. Do they not have a concious?

AUTHOR: RoseW - ()

The resort itself seems very nice, the sales pitch, however, is pure high-pressure sales. The sales people are snakes, their only motive is greed. They have no concern for what is ethical and will “brow beat” you to make their money. It was not worth the free breakfast and $50.00 dinner coupon. When I finally got up to walk away from the table, Luis got in my face and began to argue with me, telling me I couldn’t leave until he said the presentation was over. I continued to walk away as I raised my voice at him. You would think that that would be the end of it, but they will continue to pass you to the next person for a “survey” which turns into another sales pitch…these people are shameless. If you agree to attend the 90 minute presentation you will regret it.Search online for Mayan Palace Timeshare Scams for other “horror stories”

I got ripped off too...is there hope for me?

AUTHOR: Russ - ()

I bought in 3weeks ago and gave a credit card deposit....is there hope to get out of this?

#4 Consumer Suggestion

AUTHOR: VC32 - ()

Im sorry to hear you were pressure into signing a contract with Mayan Palace. The resorts are beautiful, but i would never buy a timeshare there, they actually have the worst reputation regarding timeshares in Mexico. I recommend you to read this article from Mexican Timeshare Solutions on how most of the mayan palace timeshare scams are being committed and how to get out of them, hope this helps:

and next time, dont forget to do an internet search on the company, and if the company is legit they will let you come back another day if you wish to make de purchase.

all issues have been satisfactorily resolved

AUTHOR: Lock - (Canada)

We have now been in contact with a representative from Vida Vacation Club.  They have helped us understand our problems and all issues have been satisfactorily resolved.

Lock

all matters satisfactorily resolved

Lock

Vida Vacation club

AUTHOR: Lock - (Canada)

As I have mentioned I know that we have already made a mistake.  I plan on making sure nobody else makes these mistakes upon false pretenses.  If anyone wants to discuss the problems they have had you can email me at (((ROR redacted)))

Its obvious other consumers have had problems with this company.  I was told I could rent my weeks every year for a substantial sum of money and up until this point it has not and will not work.  Please email me and share your stories about this.  If you at the vida vacation club would like to explain this I am more than happy to read your emails as well.  I have been told to many things to believe a word I here and that is the reason I want everything in writing.

Contact us through the proper channels

AUTHOR: Grupo Mayan - (Mexico)

Dear Readers and Lock:

Based on the fact that we have asked for Lock to contact us by telephone as we are not receiving the emails claimed to have been sent to us, we have come to the conclusion that the statements being presented in these comments are not accurate.

Unfortunately, we have had competitors or disgruntled ex-employees go online and post similar false remarks about our company in an attempt to damage our reputation for excellence. Therefore, we do require for Lock to call us in order to guarantee a response from our team. As you know, monitoring the internet entirely is an impossible task for anyone and we will not continue to attempt a contact with Lock through this via as there is an effective communication channel that can be used to contact us if there is real need to do so.

If in fact Lock is a member, we encourage him/her to please give us the opportunity to personally address any of his/her concerns by calling us.

We take every case very seriously and we will not rest until we have exhausted every reasonable means available to us to deliver the satisfaction we promise.

We hope to continue this dialogue by having Lock contact us directly at 1 (800) 292-9446.

Respectfully,
Aln Gines
Customer Service Representative
Email: grupomayanblog@grupovidanta.com

Contact us through our proper channels

AUTHOR: Grupo Mayan - (Mexico)

Dear Readers and Lock: