Complaint Review: Vida Vacations; Grand Mayan Resort; Vaction Privileges

• Updated: Thu, March 27, 2014

• Reported By: dave — Indpls Indiana
Vida Vacations; Grand Mayan Resort; Vaction Privileges
15501 N. Dial Blvd Scottsdale, Arizona USA

Vida Vacations; Grand Mayan Resort; Vaction Privileges; Gonzalo Quintana; Deceptive, misleading, lies, boiler room and strong arm tactics Scottsdale Arizona

*Consumer Comment: Also ripped off

*Consumer Comment: dude , are u completely nuts ??

*Consumer Comment: Mayan Palace Timeshare Scam

*Author of original report: Vida Vacations; Grand Mayan Resort; Vacation Privileges

*Consumer Comment: Mayan Palace Timeshare Scam

*UPDATE Employee ..inside information: We will gladly intervene in this matter, contact us!

Our experience with Vida Vactions were as described by Charles 12 and USA New York-DONE IT DONE IT DONE IT.

We were in a teqilla store, that is staffed with Vida reps, and persuaded to do a "90 minute" presentation. Well over 2 hours just for the speel. The third person sent to convince us to buy, got somewhat angry when we told him NO and we were ready to leave. We were then passed on to another rep and we purchased or we thought we purchased anytime 2 bedroom suite for $299.00.

We have tried emails and phone calls to cancel, no response. The Grand Mayan Resort is absolutely woderfull and we were hoping it was a legitimate deal. It is to our understanding those weeks are never available. After thought, if they we legit then why do they not give email addresses or phone numbers to make it easy for people with questions and concerns. None of that is listed in paper work given to "customers/clients

Every resort, store and airport has these stong arm- boiler room schemes presented to travelers. STAY AWAY. SAY NO

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/14/2014 09:34 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Vida-Vacations-Grand-Mayan-Resort-Vaction-Privileges/Scottsdale-Arizona-85260/Vida-Vacations-Grand-Mayan-Resort-Vaction-Privileges-Gonzalo-Quintana-Deceptive-misl-1123539. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Vida Vacations; Grand Mayan Resort; Vaction Privileges

Also ripped off

AUTHOR: Anonymous - ()

Had a similar experience.  Sold Vacation privileges package in cancun from OVC and is not at all what they promised.  Won't return my emails and vacation privileges acts like they aren't responsible for their marketing entity cause they didn't sell it directly.  Am willing to pursue legal action - how did you get your issue resolved?

dude , are u completely nuts ??

AUTHOR: Thomas - ()

u have got to be kidding me..!!  ignorant peolpe like u are what gives the general public a bad name ,,  how can u possibly slander this company based upon what your understanding about availability is ?? sounds to me like u might be a big boy and that you have not yet tried to use ur vacation program that u agreed to purchase by the way , your another one how have u gotten through life this far !! let me get this straight , you like vacations , you like mexico, u were presented with a vacation program , u actually gave money to buy it , u signed an agreement to the terms and now u want to cry about it that its bad and a ripp off even though u havent even tried to use it yet !!! but u have some understanding that there are never any rooms available ....!!! WTF r u kidding me ... who r these people that troll the earth?? I personally bought into this program and never experienced no avalibilty ... this fourm is a scam for ignoant morons who act like imbicilic little children !!!      if u have half a brain use the program u bought into first..... stop wasting everyones time

AUTHOR: DeborahM - ()

Unfortunately you got hooked into a timeshare presentation; Mayan Palace timeshare resorts are known for particularly hard sell tactics. ALL the transfer companies, car rental companies, etc. are OUTSIDE the airport. The people between Customs and the doors to the outside are almost all timeshare reps (couple of kids trying to make a few bucks hauling luggage for folks also). If you go back to the Riviera Maya do not stop or talk to any of these people until you get outside. If you feel you must be polite just say No gracias and keep walking with your eyes down or straight ahead. Most of them wear these really official looking uniforms and will tell you all sorts of lies, like how you have to show them your transfer papers, etc. Just ignore them and keep going

Vida Vacations; Grand Mayan Resort; Vacation Privileges

AUTHOR: drw - ()

After filing my report I have been in contact with the proper representatives. I can report back at this time, we have arrived at a mutual agrement and everything is satisfactory with us.

AUTHOR: BetzabethT - ()

We bought it in 2010 and we stayed for the first time in 2012. Nuevo Vallarta--just trying to learn what's new with the company turns into a mayan palace timeshare presentation! Pushy, pushy people trying to sell us more time when we have more than what we can use. It never last 90 minutes, even when they know that we won't buy. The last time, a woman kept telling us that we better buy now so we won't have to pay the five years of maintenance for improvements. I think that car salesmen are saints after dealing with these people! I want nothing more to do with these mega resorts because all they do is lie!

AUTHOR: RobMad - ()

I just visited the Mayan Palace in Cancun and I regretted so much, at first I was happy because I thought I made a good mayan palace timeshare deal but I didn't, actually I was going to bring my friends from Miami next month for them to see the resort and I am very happy that I'm not going to do it. They told me that they can sell 2 of my weeks a year and I call them and is all lies they told me that I have to do that. I just can't believe I spent 7000.00 in nothing. Do not believe them, they do not care and if you ask them for time to finance with ur bank they say they can't and you won't be able to go back in five yrs. u have to do the deal in the same day and *** us we did it but I will make sure that other people won't make the same mistake than us.

#7 UPDATE Employee ..inside information

We will gladly intervene in this matter, contact us!

AUTHOR: Grupo Mayan - ()

Dear Dave,

Your comment has been brought to our attention.

As you now know, even though we are a separate and independent company from the Vacation Privileges Club, we ask that you allow us to intervene by forwarding your information to them. We are already assisting the New York user, allow us to provide you assistance as well.

Please contact us at 1-800-292-9446 or at grupomayanblog@grupovidanta.com. Once we obtain your information, we will send it over to them and to provide you personalized assistance.

We are grateful for your time.

Sincerely,