Complaint Review: Vida Vacations Puerto Vallarta

• Updated: Tue, May 21, 2013

• Reported By: Brenda — Fairbanks Alaska
Vida Vacations Puerto Vallarta
Nuevo Vallarta, Jalisca, Mexico Puerto Vallarta, Select State/Province Mexico

Vida Vacations Puerto Vallarta BEWARE: time share scam sucks up vacation time! Puerto Vallarta Jalisca, Mexico

*General Comment: Mayan Palace Timeshare Scam

Beware of securing a taxi at the Puerto Vallarta airport. All seem friendly and helpful and want to see tours. Overwhelming salesmanship to very travel-wearly tourists. Lies, lies, lies. Got sold a snokel tour for a "good deal" that was most expensive than we could have bought online. To claim our snorkel tour vouchers we had to get a taxi ride (we thought back to airport) next day. We were promised a free breakfast.

Imagine our surprise when after an hour in a taxi we ended up a large resort at the north end of Puerto Vallarta. It then became clear that we were there for a time share schpeel. We decided we could do with the 90 min they promised. Had a walk, had large buffet breakfast. There the fun stopped.

Were shown at least 8 model jr, 1 and 2 bedroom suites from the various properies. Guy wanted to take up on a longer walking tour of area, but we declined. I recently had  surgery.

Four hours after leaving out hotel the guide leaves us with a woman (CJ) fron corporate, That woman is clever....and slimmy. She cannot and willl no take no for an answer. What started as me stating that we had been waiting much too long, got much worse by turning into 3 more hr with this woman trying to be buds. My friend and I asked questions and then determined that we were NOT going to buy and we were done.It was hard to escape, At last with more threats   CJ finally  figued out we were not buy from here and she tool us to someone else,

Do not trust the guy who swears 'just 5 min' evaluation. Not evaluation. He tries to sell a no-string attached vacation package. As with the "marketing' for Vida vacations, there is a lot of pressure.5 min turned into 55 min. I finally got out by adamantly declaring that I had a horrible headache (which I did) and that I would not buy any thing becausre I refused to sit there one more minute. I demanded that I get my papers for snorkeling, because we (overpaid for that) We were also supposed to receive a bottle of tequila. Aha! They ran out and we were asked if we would take Kaluha (it was our preference).

Had intended to go through town on way back, but we were two frustrated and pissed off. Our whole first day of vacation a bust.

Do not get suckered into a free breakfish and a good deal on snorkeling. Unless you came to shop for a condo and have 3-figure discretionaly funeds, donot consider this.

REALLY BiG TIME SINK!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/21/2013 08:40 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Vida-Vacations-Puerto-Vallarta/Puerto-Vallarta-Select-StateProvince/Vida-Vacations-Puerto-Vallarta-BEWARE-time-share-scam-sucks-up-vacation-time-Puerto-Va-1052816. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Vida Vacations Puerto Vallarta

#1 General Comment

Mayan Palace Timeshare Scam

AUTHOR: SBrittany - ()

The resort itself seems very nice, the sales pitch, however, is pure high-pressure sales. The sales people are snakes, their only motive is greed. They have no concern for what is ethical and will “brow beat” you to make their money. It was not worth the free breakfast and $50.00 dinner coupon. When I finally got up to walk away from the table, Luis got in my face and began to argue with me, telling me I couldn’t leave until he said the presentation was over. I continued to walk away as I raised my voice at him. You would think that that would be the end of it, but they will continue to pass you to the next person for a “survey” which turns into another sales pitch…these people are shameless. If you agree to attend the 90 minute presentation you will regret it.Search online for Mayan Palace Timeshare Scams for other “horror stories”.