Complaint Review: Video Hospital

• Submitted: Mon, January 09, 2006
  • Updated: Mon, January 09, 2006

• Reported By:Brooklyn New York
Video Hospital
98 E. 12th St. New York, New York U.S.A.

Video Hospital Charged $300 and took 3 months to break my camera. Dishonest. Broke camera worse while fixing a simple problem, ripoff. New York New York

Do not patronize the Video Hospital in New York City! They will lie to you. They are not an authorized repair shop for most brands. They are shady. They broke my camera! My camera wouldn't eject a tape. It took them over three months to get my camera back to me and then it had other problems.

They said they had to order a part from Sony, then when they got that part in, they said they needed a new part and I had to wait another month. When I finally said just give me my camera back, don't even fix it, they said "Oh, we'll have it done by Friday." This, after three months of waiting and then being told they we're still waiting for the other part, was pretty damn suspicious.

When I originally received my camera back, it had a new problem with static and skipping on the video and audio during playback that I HAD NEVER HAD BEFORE. So, I took the camera back to them and showed them the problem. They took it back and said, they would "re-align the heads."

I got the camera back a week later, it turned on and seemed fine, then the next time I tried to record, there was a new problem where the shutter would randomly open and shut, making the camera completely unuseable. I took it back to them and they basically said that I must have caused the problem and there was nothing they could do for me. Basically it cost me $300 to have my camera professionally broken

Max
Brooklyn, New York

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/09/2006 02:57 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Video-Hospital/New-York-New-York-10003/Video-Hospital-Charged-300-and-took-3-months-to-break-my-camera-Dishonest-Broke-camer-171081. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Video Hospital