• Report: #420505

Complaint Review: Video Professor, Inc.

• Submitted: Thu, February 05, 2009
  • Updated: Thu, February 05, 2009

• Reported By:Ocala Florida
Video Professor, Inc.
2590 W. 2nd Ave. Unit 15 Denver, Colorado U.S.A.

Video Professor, Inc. FRAUD!!! BEWARE!!! Denver Colorado

After receiving my "FREE" e-bay CD, I called Video Professor to say I wasn't interested in receiving any further offers and was told I didn't need to return the initial one. Upon receiving my second one, "Digital Devices Made Easy", on Jan. 28, 2009, I called and spoke to JOHN and told him we didn't want any more at all.... He apologized and said he would cancel and refund. He said I need not return this CD, that I should give it to a friend.

As of this point, I hadn't received my credit card statement. The following week, lo-and-behold.....not only was I charged for the e-bay shipping and handling (I agreed to this with my initial phone call) but was charged $189.95 and another $4.00 and $2.00 for S/H for the second shipment. I called Video Professor and the supervisor, Lynette (they won't give last names), said I hadn't returned the CD's within 10 days of the trial period. I guess my free CD needed to be returned??? A phone call didn't matter that I wasn't interested in cancelling any future offers???

My credit card company is disputing the charges but also informed me that I wasn't protected from any future charges, as this is a "membership". They couldn't freeze this account for any future charges nor could they close this account and re-open with another number - Video Professor would automatically be paid with the new charge account number.

My only recourse is to pay-off my charge account which I've had for over 15 years. None of this seems legal, legitimate or fair.

Ocala, Florida

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/05/2009 09:30 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Video-Professor-Inc/Denver-Colorado-80219/Video-Professor-Inc-FRAUD-BEWARE-Denver-Colorado-420505. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Video Professor, Inc.