- Report: #317473
Report - Rebuttal - Arbitrate
Complaint Review: Video Professor, Inc
Video Professor, Inc12055 W 2nd Pl Denver, Colorado U.S.A.
Video Professor, Inc TV ads promise giveaway ($6.95 S&H) then charge CC 89.95 in 10 days Denver Colorado
*Consumer Suggestion: In Response to Bucky
*Consumer Comment: "Caveat Emptor" Is Not A Legitimate Excuse.
*UPDATE Employee: Video Professor Response
*Consumer Suggestion: Video Professor
*REBUTTAL Individual responds: Video Professor
A business' first
line of defense
on the Internet.
If your business is
willing to make a
Click here now..
Then, the merchandise arrives, and one finds that HE IS ALLOWING 10 DAYS FOR EVALUATION, AND THEN HE IS CHARGING $89.95 FOR THE COURSE. I am in Costa Rica, and the merchandise was forwarded to me from Miami. THEN there is a line on page 6 of a small book included that says "to choose my next title or to discontinue shipments, simply call 1-800-519-4110", where a guy starts out melodiously, but has much experience in dealing with irate callers, tells me that all that is explained on page 5 of the document in the box. I say "Big Deal, the guy says he'll GIVE it to me and then sends a box which has a form (which you very well may not read) which says he's going to charge my card another $90 in 10 days." So the guy on the phone says that he will give me return info and I can send it back.
1) He GAVE it to me, I paid his $6.95, and done. I don't have any reason to return it.
2) I don't have any motivation to package this up and send it back from Costa Rica. That ends my story.
I will watch for such charges on my card and dispute them as they arrive, but I don't know if that will work. I am really upset about the charge, but a whole lot more that I let myself accept this offer. I'm a 75 year old engineer, and I knew it smelled bad from the beginning, but as I said, Millions watch CNN and he's on every day. He's got to be making a fortune, says he's been doing this for 18 years. Well, I can rant on, but that tells it all.
1) I just want to keep the stuff as promised, without additional charge.
2) In my heart I think the man should change his ways or stop doing business.
This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/13/2008 02:26 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Video-Professor-Inc/Denver-Colorado-80228/Video-Professor-Inc-TV-ads-promise-giveaway-695-SH-then-charge-CC-8995-in-10-days-D-317473. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.
If you would like to see more Rip-off Reports on this company/individual, search here:Search Tips
In order to assure the best results in your search:
- Keep the name short & simple, and try different variations of the name.
- Do not include ".com", "S", "Inc.", "Corp", or "LLC" at the end of the Company name.
- Use only the first/main part of a name to get best results.
- Only search one name at a time if Company has many AKA's.