Complaint Review: Video Professor / Scam Artist

• Updated: Wed, September 23, 2009

• Reported By: Brenda — Bartow Florida USA
Video Professor / Scam Artist
2590 W. 2nd Ave, Unit #15 Denver, Colorado United States of America

Video Professor is a Scam Artist! Represented offer at $6.96 - snatched $189.95 from my account! Denver, Colorado

I ordered a CD by phone August 29, 2009 after being told that I would be charged only $6.95 for S & H. The salesman insisted that I accept two more CDs with 30 days to examine them. If I failed to return one of the CDs within 30 days I would be charged $189.95 for the entire set.

The set arrived September 3, 2009.  My checking account was debited $189.95   September 15, 2009. This unexpected debit overdrew my checking account.

I phoned customer service September 15, 2009 and was told that my account will be credited the full amount of $189.95 upon receipt of the returned package. I was also told that the bank charges caused by this debit would be paid when I send documentation of charges to customer service.

I returned the entire package priority mail September 15, 2009. Video Professor received it September 17, 2009 [documented by US Postal Service]

I phoned customer service again September 23, 2009 when my account still had not been credited. This time I was told that it would be 21 days before my money would be returned.

At this time I phoned my bank to change my access number and dispute the charge.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/23/2009 01:04 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Video-Professor-Scam-Artist/Denver-Colorado-80219/Video-Professor-is-a-Scam-Artist-Represented-offer-at-696-snatched-18995-from-my-ac-499314. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Video Professor / Scam Artist