Complaint Review: Video Professor

• Submitted: Thu, December 07, 2006
  • Updated: Thu, December 07, 2006

• Reported By:Houston Texas
Video Professor
2590 West 2nd Ave. Unit 15 Denver, Colorado U.S.A.
  • Phone: 800-525-7763
  • Web:
  • Category: Tutoring

Video Professor Fraud Con-Artist Rip-offs Took funds from my account without permission! SCAM PROS BEWARE! Denver Colorado

After seeing the TV add for Video Professor several times advertizing their FREE CD's and if not satisfied they will send you $10.00. I am a person who does not typically do this sort of thing. When I called their toll free number I specifically told the rep, I just want the FREE CD's. She continued on trying to get me to buy other software packages. I finally told her I am not interested in any package deal on any software, I just wanted the FREE CD of my choice. She told me she had to go through all this spill and I continued to tell her, I am not interested. She was wasting her time doing so, again I just wanted the FREE CD as advertized! Finally, I told her, "You know what, just forget it. Just forget it, I am not interested in all that other stuff!" Finally, she said, she would send me the FREE CD with shipping of $6.95. I told her, fine and she asked for my card number for the shipping. The software came and I just put it in the desk drawer. Yesterday, in checking my account Video Professor debited an amount of $79.95 from my checking! This is money that was to go toward bills, not for something I did not authorize, nor did I want! I simply wanted the FREE software. I Could not have made myself anymore clear to that rip-off rep! I called Video Professor and spoke with another rep asking to speak to a supervisor. She assured me if I talked to a supervisor I could get the girl fired that did the transaction. I am thinking, What is this?

The woman SCAMMED ME! She was not authorized to withdrawl any funds from my checking other than the shipping. The supervisor told me I was to send the software back if I did not want to pay for it. I was not told I had to do this nor did I receive any letter telling me such. Not to mention, it is not mentioned on the TV add! Plain and simple, I had been scammed and want my money back! Plus the shipping! She told me to return the software and they will credit my account and gave me a number that I wrote on the front of the returned software! I sent it back yesterday (at my expense)and they better well credit my account what they took out plus the shipping. I am not one to fall for this type of thing, the adds need to be removed from television! I don't know why they are allowed to broadcast false claims of their software being FREE without including the truth! They are Rip-Off Artists!

Charlene
Houston, Texas

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/07/2006 05:37 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Video-Professor/Denver-Colorado-80219/Video-Professor-Fraud-Con-Artist-Rip-offs-Took-funds-from-my-account-without-permission-S-224271. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Video Professor