Complaint Review: Video Professor

• Submitted: Wed, April 23, 2003
  • Updated: Wed, April 23, 2003

• Reported By:Odessa Texas
Video Professor
2590 W 2nd Ave Denver, Colorado U.S.A.

Video Professor Inc Consumer rip-off fraud that says one thing then does the opposite tricked and lied to us Denver Colorado Internet

This "Video Professor", John Scherer, gets on TV in a closeup shot, telling consumers: "Try my product FREE, only the cost of S/H, $6.95...blah, blah, blah....

So I order the free product which I thought was 1 free lesson, as described. I order Powerpoint for my "FREE" lesson. The customer service rep was very vague, muffled, and rambling about a lot of things. The conversation had a lot of repeats because I could hardly hear her. Before I got off the line, I had ordered other stuff, including Excel How-To's, totaling about (I THOUGHT) $42.

Time goes by and I receive my "FREE" lesson, PLUS 5 other discs on do-it-yourself I did not order, PLUS 3 laminated cards on Windows XP. If I ordered these things, I was lead to believe that they were freebies as promotional items.

I get my CC statement, and low and behold, my "FREE" lesson cost was $6.95s/h, PLUS $69.95!! I called them completely infuriated.
"Well, they said, Powerpoint (so-called free) has THREE dicsc, so you were charged." I was NOT told that in the ordering process. To me, a free lesson is a free lesson, whether it comes on 1 disc or 50.

My Excel How-To's arrived, and I was charged $96.00, PLUS $14.95 for something else. My $42 order has turned into $187.85!!!

They told me I could keep the Excel and Powerpoint "AT NO CHARGE" ha! ha!, but I must return (AT MY EXPENSE) the other items I did not order, and my CC would only be charged 69.95!!

Can you beat it? The nerve of those rats. I feel raped. I am completely dissatisifed with their "arrangements", and, by darn, I want my money back!!.

Odessa, Texas

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/23/2003 09:56 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Video-Professor/Denver-Colorado-80219/Video-Professor-Inc-Consumer-rip-off-fraud-that-says-one-thing-then-does-the-opposite-tric-54077. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Video Professor