aroused

• Submitted: Mon, July 14, 2003
  • Updated: Mon, July 14, 2003

• Reported By:glendale California
Video Professor
2599 W. 2nd Ave., Unit 15 Denver, Colorado U.S.A.
  • Phone: 800-5257763
  • Web:
  • Category: Tutoring

Video Professor Inc deceptive outrageous ripoff charges victimized many consumers Denver Colorado

Videoprofessor, Inc. ripoff, video professor, deceptive ads, bogus billing, outrageous charges victimized many consumers Denver Colorado .....

Unlike many victims of this fraudulent company who responded to television advertising, I got stung responding to an online ad. The scam is simple: you can learn hidden secrets of EXCEL and other Microsoft products by buying computer instruction cds. The cds are often touted as free, you only pay for the shipping and handling. You do not get a contract, you do not sign anything. The spiel is, you get to try the software, and if you like it or find it useful, you can buy other instructive titles.

What you are not plainly told is that a 'software service' charge of $69.95 will be added to the bill for your 'free' cd. I cannot recall anything about the software service charge in the ad. When I got the first cd, I was dinged $6.95. A few days later my credit card was ravaged for another $146.85! I never got a bill. I never got a copy of a contract or an agreement, merely an email acknowledgement that the first cd had been sent. I never asked for additional cds, and certainly never asked for 'services'. My only insight into the raid on my credit was the American Express statement. I called and reported fraudulent charges.

I never opened any of the material Videoprofessor Inc. sent. I called their 800 number and told them I thought I had been robbed. I told them I would gladly return to them all the unrequested 'merchandise' they had sent, unopened and in brand new condition. They told me they could not give me my money back because I had waited too long.

This is a predatory, viscious scam!

Gar
glendale, California

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/14/2003 07:12 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Video-Professor/Denver-Colorado-80219/Video-Professor-Inc-deceptive-outrageous-ripoff-charges-victimized-many-consumers-Denver-C-63639. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Video Professor