Complaint Review: Video Professor

• Submitted: Wed, May 04, 2005
  • Updated: Sun, January 24, 2010

• Reported By:Newark New Jersey
Video Professor
2590 W 2nd Ave Unit 15 Denver, Colorado U.S.A.

Video Professor Inc. riped me off for $69.95 a month for 8 months from my bank account with out my permission! outraged! Denver Colorado

*Consumer Suggestion: Video Professor RipOff

*Consumer Comment: ray from corning arkanas

*Consumer Suggestion: federal communications commission form 2000

*Consumer Comment: video professor scam

*Consumer Comment: Another Victim Strikes Back

*UPDATE Employee: ripped off?

Vedio Professor Inc. has ripped me off of Hundreds of dollars. This company took my bank info to charge me only $6.95 for shipping for a free Video. However it has stolen from my bank acc. #69.95 a month for 8 months or more! with out my permission! I am outraged that this company can get away with this! I'm going tomorrow to the bank to try to stop this company from continueing to do this outrageous act! I have email every one I know to be aware of this crime! This company should be forced to return all my money! at once! and made to pay more for all my pain and suffering! I am sick over this! My nervers are shot! I can not afford this abuse I have high blood presure and it's going to give me a heart failure! This company should be made to pay for my pain and suffering! This is awful! This should be againist the law punishable to the full extent of the law so no other company would even try it! Thank you! Suffering in Newark, N.J.

Yolanda
Newark, New Jersey

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/04/2005 02:28 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Video-Professor/Denver-Colorado-80219/Video-Professor-Inc-riped-me-off-for-6995-a-month-for-8-months-from-my-bank-account-wi-141468. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Video Professor

#1 Consumer Suggestion

Video Professor RipOff

AUTHOR: jjkilker - (United States of America)

I too was ripped off by the "Video Professor" and signed up for  the $6.95 "Free Discs" only to be charges $289.95. The absolute BEST thing to do is file a complaint with the Federal Trade Comission at ftc.gov. If we all do this we have a chance to get our money back. Their whole business is geared to rip people off!

ray from corning arkanas

AUTHOR: Nudist - (U.S.A.)

sence my posting about the fcc i have contacted the federal communication commissission viedo professor might not be on national tv much longer i have forwared some of these compliants to the fcc along with the crooks picture i have also sent every thing to the govenor of that state an also the mayor of denver i have alread got a reply from both with a case # when i hear more each one i will post it on here. there are couple of more places that you also can file a compliant the first on is national consumer league fraud center an the compliant board. i am not a victum of any of this i have dish tv that i have to pay to also the comericals just to find out later i am watching a fraud comerical i have did the same thing with another add on tv which is hevin trudeau debt cures web page www.debtcurs.com another one is on the net charles ryder marketing in mchenry il i want rest until i get some of these crooks of the tv an the it is a federal law (fcc) for people to use the net for comerical use.ray corning arkanas

#3 Consumer Suggestion

federal communications commission form 2000

AUTHOR: Nudist - (U.S.A.)

any one that ben riped off by this companyan cannot a reply from when contact them use the form # that is in the above title when the fcc sends a  compliant letter you better celieve they will answer them this is the waw the fcc works i have used them some the fcc will send a compliant letter to the company an give them so many days to respond when they send the compliant letter to the fcc the will send you a copy of what the company sent back to them then you will be sent a copy also i have used the fcc lots of times i dont know if the person that files the compliant will get any money back i do know if enough people files a compliant about a certin company they will pull the add of of national tv an the net an fined up in the millions for false advertiseing back in the 60es i had a frend that worked for the fcc an also repaired equipment for tv an raidos stations any thing that is transmitted or received over awire or thru the air comes under heading of the federal communications commission some people dont know this an is one of the they get riped off by company like the one in question the 2000 form can be filed out on line in the of the form it say all kinds of stuff about transmitting fo get that part there is a hand book called the consumer action hand book it is free from the federal goverment that tells about scams their site www,consumeraction.gov 1 person up to five it also where an how to report fraud hope this info will help remember phone company comes under fcc heading this is what i have had dealing with the last one was centurytel hope this info helps ray corning arkanas

video professor scam

AUTHOR: Jason - (U.S.A.)

The people at Video Professor have only one objective: to get your credit card number so that they can charge your account as often as possible before you notice the charges on your bank account. I would gladly contribute to a fund to get the company's president a toupee if he would stop his misleading informercials.

Another Victim Strikes Back

AUTHOR: P. - (U.S.A.)

Hi there - this is in response to the first rebuttal, stating that all info, etc. is 'airtight'. This is not true, as their website is misleading and deceptive.

I also ordered the *FREE* 3-CD trial offer - nowhere on their website was there any statement or reference that my card would be charged on an ongoing basis! And further, the way they billed me was highly suspect: first they billed me only $5.95 'standard shipping', when it should have been for $6.95. The very next day, they went back and charged me the 'owing' $1.00. Then, 2 weeks later, they billed me the first $79.95 - at this point I had received nothing from them, no CDs, literature, etc. After the $79.95 cleared, I received the first boxed set of 3 CDs - which was the only thing I had requested from them, per their website. Two weeks later, they charged me the second $79.95 fee!

I am presently working with my bank to get all of the money back into my account, and have referred them to this website so they can see, with their own eyes, the illegal and fraudulent dealings of this company.

I advise all to do the same - file a dispute with your bank or credit card company, and follow the needed steps to have all funds reimbursed, plus have them blocked from all future transactions through your bank or credit card.

These people ARE crooks!

"You don't get something for nothing".

Good luck to all.

AUTHOR: Jake - (U.S.A.)

your fault! each lesson warns inside and out, and in the original order YOU placed everything is so tightly scripted that, unless you aren't paying attention, you ca't miss the price and terms and conditions. who did you speak with when you cancelled?