Complaint Review: Video Professor

• Updated: Thu, August 13, 2009

• Reported By: Pete — Texas USA
Video Professor
www.videoprofessor.com Lakewood, Colorado United States of America

Video Professor Internet scam to send you things you don't want and charge them to your credit card Lakewood Colorado

Ignore the kindly "professor" in the TV commercials.  If you subscribe to these services, and you've signed onto the classic "book club" scam, only on steroids!

I ordered one free demo disk ($6.95 for shipping) on July 1 for Microsoft Access.  I started receiving disks I had not requested every two weeks, with $195 of charges for each automatically charged to my credit card.

- Nowhere was it mentioned on the Video Professor  website that they were going to send me a disk every two weeks and charge $95 to my credit card each time, leaving me only 10 days to return them in order to get the charges removed from my credit card.

- Nowhere did they request authorization to put more charges on my credit card, nor did I grant it.

- Nowhere on their website were any of the prices for their products posted.

- Nowhere could I find a Terms and Conditions page which might explain the pricing and contract terms they were so desperate to hide.

Returning the disks is at your expense, their customer service department is hard to get through to and very uncooperative.  I'm still on the hook for $189.95 unless my credit card company honors my request for a credit on the Dispute.

As a battle-hardened Internet shopper, I can tell you that this is the most deceptive website I have ever been to.  Enter at your own peril, kindly professor or no.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/13/2009 11:48 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Video-Professor/Lakewood-Colorado-/Video-Professor-Internet-scam-to-send-you-things-you-dont-want-and-charge-them-to-your-c-479309. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Video Professor