Complaint Review: VideoBlocks.com

• Submitted: Thu, February 23, 2012
  • Updated: Thu, February 23, 2012

• Reported By: SK — Huntsville Alabama United States of America
VideoBlocks.com

VideoBlocks.com Filmfootage.com When 100% Free-No Risk Means $79 a month, Internet

*UPDATE Employee: VideoBlocks Customer Service

*Consumer Comment: Not a ripoff

Church was Ripped Off for $160 after a staff member accepted what was presented as a 100% No Risk Free Trial.  There were No videos or clips downloaded, no services used at all.  According to the credit card company the only reply was that "they should have read the terms of service."  While this is true, I'm stunned that this sleight-of-hand move would be enforced on a company who used NONE of the services.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/23/2012 09:44 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/VideoBlockscom/internet/VideoBlockscom-Filmfootagecom-When-100-Free-No-Risk-Means-79-a-month-Internet-843326. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on VideoBlocks.com

VideoBlocks Customer Service

AUTHOR: NikkiVB - (United States of America)

Hello,

I'm the new head of customer service for VideoBlocks.com, and I want to sincerely apologize for the terrible experience you had with our company, and I would like the opportunity to make it up to you.

For starters, I will make sure all of your payments are fully refunded. You can email me directly: nikki at videoblocks.com and we can get the refund processed immediately. (Or if you prefer, you can use the contact form on our website--those go directly to me now)

In response to your frustration over the lack of service you received, I again apologize and make no excuses for the way you were treated. Our company is very new, and we were completely unprepared and overwhelmed by the growth that we experienced.

To remedy this problem, I was hired full time to manage customer support to make sure that customers are taken care of promptly and politely. We recently added live chat to our website, and added additional employees to answer the phones. (It is also worth noting that we do not outsource this support--all of our employees are at our office in Virginia). Now that I am in charge, all phone calls and emails are answered within hours, if not immediately.

Finally, thank you for the comments on our free trial terms not being clear enough. We never meant to mislead anyone, and didn't realize there were any problems until we read your post and heard from other customers who were upset that they were not notified about the billing more clearly. We are working to make the free trial terms much more clear, and we have begun emailing users when they sign up so that they know what is going on and who to contact in the event of a problem.

Once again, I apologize for causing you frustration, and I hope that after we connect I can make you a happy customer. Or at least a happy former customer! Thanks ~ Nikki

Not a ripoff

AUTHOR: Ashley - (U.S.A.)

Whomever signed you up for the service is who ripped you off. It clearly says in the sign up procedure that you only have a certain amount of time to cancel the free trial before it begins billing you monthly. The company doesn't care if you used it, someone authorized the use of your credit card and agreed to the terms of service.