- Report: #774304
Report - Rebuttal - Arbitrate
Complaint Review: Videoblocks
Videoblocks11160-C1 South Lakes Dr. Suite 262 Reston, VA 2019 Reston, Virginia United States of America
Videoblocks videoblocks.com Free Trail Scam Locked out Reston, Virginia
*Consumer Comment: Thank you Nikki, lets talk
*UPDATE Employee: VideoBlocks Customer Service
A business' first
line of defense
on the Internet.
If your business is
willing to make a
Click here now..
Here is a copy of my original complaint to my credit card Co that resulted in the call I got. I am also local to this Co and I am thinking real hard about suing them.
To: HSBC Card Services
PO Box 81622
Salinas CA 93912-1622
I am notifying HSBC that I believe that VIDEO BLOCKS.COM RESTON VA made a false representation of why the wanted my credit card. I am attaching a screen grab that show where they said it was needed to keep people from abusing the free sign up.
After speaking to their Rep on 9-1-2011, she advised me that it was stated in the terms and conditions that there was auto billing after the 7 days. This contradicts what the prompt says when I signed up. I would note that I contacted Video Blocks within 24 hours of the billing and I left a detailed message as no one was answering the phone. I also canceled the service through the web at that time (8-27-2011). They want to bill me for a 30 day time period from 8-26-2011 to 9-26-2011 when now I can not even access the site because I canceled the service. I have not used this service at anytime during the one day that the service was active.
1. Website gave conflicting and deceptive information that got me to give up my credit card info.
2. Service is billed for a 30 time period, I canceled it on the first day off billing but can no longer have access as a result and can't use the service I have been billed for. I would expect to be able to use the service till it ran out otherwise. I AM BEING BILLED FOR A SERVICE I HAVE NO ACCESSES TOO
3. I have not used the paid service and am being billed for that service.
I canceled on line and was give no confirmation. Please note is HSBC does not decide in my favor I intend to inform Video Blocks that I want to got to arbitration on this matter. I am asking HSBC to withhold payment till this is resolved.
XXXna, VA X2XX2
Account Number XXXX
Case ID# XXXXXXXXX
This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/08/2011 08:56 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Videoblocks/Reston-Virginia-20191/Videoblocks-videoblockscom-Free-Trail-Scam-Locked-out-Reston-Virginia-774304. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.
If you would like to see more Rip-off Reports on this company/individual, search here:Search Tips
In order to assure the best results in your search:
- Keep the name short & simple, and try different variations of the name.
- Do not include ".com", "S", "Inc.", "Corp", or "LLC" at the end of the Company name.
- Use only the first/main part of a name to get best results.
- Only search one name at a time if Company has many AKA's.