Complaint Review: Videoblocks.com

• Submitted: Fri, July 08, 2011
  • Updated: Tue, September 06, 2011

• Reported By: Lexander — Texas United States of America
11160-C1 South Lakes Dr. Suite 262 Reston, VA 2019 Internet United States of America

Videoblocks.com Video Blocks, VideoBlocks.com Deceptive Free Trial, No Refunds, Sneaky Business Model, Internet

*UPDATE Employee: VideoBlocks Customer Service

When you call the customer service representative, you'll get the feeling like she's watching television while talking to you. Doesn't care. Is only marginally paying attention. And she will repeat the same phrase over and over: "It's company policy not to issue refunds."

They use a sneaky tactic to get your money, deceptive "Free Trials."

You use it once for a project during the 7 days free trial, then they'll sneak payments right by you.

You will never receive emails telling you that you've been billed. No invoices. No "thank you for your business" messages. Nothing.

They try and keep as quiet as possible so you don't realize they're "legally" charging you $49.00 every month because you agreed to their ToS. You might not use the website for months, even forget about it. One day you'll check your bank account and there, you'll find charges of $49.00 every month.

When I eventually noticed these charges, I called immediately. The customer service agent answered as if I woke her up from a nap. I explained how these charges had been happening for two months now, and that, at the very least, this third charge of $49 should be refunded to me. I explained that I only used the website once, three months ago, to download during the 7-day free trial, so getting a refund for the last charge, at the very least, would be fair.

Like a robot, she repeated the policy. Unsympathetic, she sounded eager to get off the phone and continue doing whatever else she was doing, perhaps checking her facebook. "No refunds!"

The bottom line is that VideoBlocks.com uses a sneaky, inmoral business model that relies on customers forgetting about VideoBlocks.com so they can continue charging and charging and charging without us ever knowing.

Stay away. Do business with respectful companies, not businesses that use stealth tactics to get your money.

Houston, TX

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/08/2011 07:27 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Videoblockscom/internet/Videoblockscom-Video-Blocks-VideoBlockscom-Deceptive-Free-Trial-No-Refunds-Sneaky-Bus-750517. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Videoblocks.com

VideoBlocks Customer Service

AUTHOR: NikkiVB - (United States of America)

Hello Pedro,

I'm the new head of customer service for VideoBlocks.com, and Iwant to sincerely apologize for the terrible experience you had with our company, and I would like the opportunity to make it up to you.

For starters, I will make sure all of your payments are fully refunded. You can email me directly: nikki at videoblocks.com
and we can get the refund processed immediately. (Or if you prefer, you can use the contact form on our website--those go directly to me now)

In response to your frustration over the lack of service you received, I again apologize and make no excuses for the way you were treated. Our company is very new, and we were completely unprepared and overwhelmed by the growth that we experienced.

To remedy this problem, I was hired full time to manage customer support to make sure that customers are taken care of promptly and politely. We recently added live chat to our website, and added additional employees to answer the phones. (It is also worth noting that we do not outsource this support--all of our employees are at our office in Virginia). Now that I am in charge, all phone calls and emails are answered within hours, if not immediately.

Finally, thank you for the comments on our free trial terms not being clear enough. We never meant to mislead anyone, and didn't realize there were any problems until we read your post and heard from other customers who were upset that they were not notified about the billing more clearly. We are working to make the free trial terms much more clear, and we have begun emailing users when they sign up so that they know what is going on and who to contact in the event of a problem.

Once again, I apologize for causing you frustration, and I hope that after we connect I can make you a happy customer. Or at least a happy former customer! Thanks ~ Nikki