Complaint Review: ViewSonic - CompUSA

• Reported By:75149 Texas
ViewSonic - CompUSA
Walnut, California U.S.A.

ViewSonic - CompUSA ripoff rebates for monitors Walnut California

I purchased two ViewSonic A70 monitors from CompUSA. ViewSonic was running a promo offering rebates for their monitors. I purchased the two monitors not only having good faith that the company I'm buying from sells good quality products but could honor their promises.

Immediately after I purchases the monitors, got back to my office to start the rebate process. I didn't even unpack the monitors. I filled out the forms, copied the receipts, cut off the UPC code for each monitr and sent each rebate in its own envelope with each of its own copy of receipts, UPC barcodes, and rebates forms.

I double checked the information I have provided. I checked in such a way I knew I would not be needing duplicate copies of anything. That was a mistake.

A month later I received emails stating that they have received my rebate submission but where missing not only the rebate form??? ...but the original receipt and the UPC barcode as well.

I thought to myself "how could they have received my rebate submission if they didn't receive the rebate form or anything I had sent???" Anyways I decided it was all a racket.

I sent ViewSonic a professional letter stated my disgust in the matter. Two weeks later I received a letter stating:

"Thank you again for having chosen a ViewSonic product for your display needs.

We are in receipt of your rebate submission. We request the following information to be forward.

* All copies of receipt, Claim form and UPC code

In addition to the above include you telephone number in your reply.

We hope to resolve this issue for your as soon as possible, and do appreciate your patience."

So in summary ViewSonic has recieved all information they asked for in a rebate from me but refused to honor it and tried to play it off as if they didn't recieve any information from me when if fact they did...otherwise they wouldn't have known I submitted a rebate.

Jay
75149, Texas

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/28/2004 04:09 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/ViewSonic-CompUSA/Walnut-California-91789/ViewSonic-CompUSA-ripoff-rebates-for-monitors-Walnut-California-78422. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on ViewSonic - CompUSA