Complaint Review: Viking Magazine Company

• Submitted: Wed, January 07, 2009
  • Updated: Wed, January 07, 2009

• Reported By:Olive Branch Mississippi
Viking Magazine Company
P.O. Box 201059 Bloomington, Minnesota U.S.A.

Viking Magazine Company Viking Magazine Shamefully Rips Off Consumers!!! Bloomington Minnesota

Shortly after ordering magazines, for myself and my children, from Viking Magazine I moved to a different location. When collection calls from this service started coming in I was very surprised. I'd changed my address through the postal service, but I had never received the magazines. I never received any contracts from the company. The first payment had come out of my account a few months prior, and then after that, no contact whatsoever. I had assumed it was a scam and forgotten all about it. Whenontacted by a collector, I told them my situation. At first he was very nice and explained to me that magazines are considered class B mail and wouldn't have been forwarded to a new address, so they'd just been returned to the company. So, I then asked to cancel the account. The Rep. then told me it was too late and I'd have to pay for the service. I asked to speak to a supervisor. I told this lady the same thing that I had told to the first Rep.. "Why should I have to pay for magazines I never received?!?", I said. "How was I supposed to cancel a service if I never received a contract?!? ", I cried. I got nowhere with her. Finally I got rude and said, "I'm not paying for something I never received, so go ahead and turn me over to collections, and I'll just dispute it as a false claim!", and then I hung up the phone. Since then, these people call me 4-5 times a day. They contact me at work, after repeated request not to. They have no shame. I will not be bullied by a magazine service. I'm not paying a debt that I don't owe!! When will this nightmare end?!?

Rachel
Olive Branch, Mississippi

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/07/2009 09:46 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Viking-Magazine-Company/Bloomington-Minnesota-55420/Viking-Magazine-Company-Viking-Magazine-Shamefully-Rips-Off-Consumers-Bloomington-Minne-409079. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Viking Magazine Company