Complaint Review: Viking Magazine Company

• Submitted: Sun, January 13, 2013
  • Updated: Sun, January 13, 2013

• Reported By: Jeff Verry — South Otselic New York United States of America
Viking Magazine Company
1503 Highway 13 E, Burnsville, MN 55337-2917 Burnsville, Minnesota United States of America

Viking Magazine Company ive been had Burnsville, Minnesota

My name is Jeffrey V. I was contacted by viking magazine and initially agreed to their magazine.  Following some research I cancelled my subscription about 10 days later.  They called me in early January and said I had a balance.  I thought they said 7 dollars and 35 cents. Later when I was doing bills I noticed they took 810.68 from my account.  I called them and the refused to refund my money stating I was on a taped line.  I suffer from PTSD and a Personality disorder I was a deputy sheriff for 14 years.  They were on speaker phone and I was brushing my teeth.  I never heard anyone say 7 or 8 hundred dollars! They took advantage of me and I have disputed the charge with the bank they have not gotten back to me.  I called a second time and I was rudely told there was nothing they could do.  I have never been scammed like this.  I am on disability and they took 3/4 of my check because I got paid that day. Now I cannot pay my rent and according to an attorney I talked to they are liable for the rent money because their actions caused me injury. I am asking for a return of 1300 dollars! or I will sue them in small claims court.  I never agreed to speak on a taped line and that to is a violation of my rights. This company is a fly by night outfit and I would warn anyone who gets a call from them hang up immediately. Please do not give them your drbit or credit card Info...   Blessings from Upstate NY have a great spring and summer.  Jeffrey J. V D.O.B. 09-xx-19xx. Thank you for looking over my complaint and I hope you have enough merit to do something to stop these blatant thieves!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/13/2013 04:54 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Viking-Magazine-Company/Burnsville-Minnesota-55337/Viking-Magazine-Company-ive-been-had-Burnsville-Minnesota-996250. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Viking Magazine Company