Complaint Review: Viking Magazine Company

• Submitted: Mon, March 09, 2009
  • Updated: Mon, March 09, 2009

• Reported By:Upper Marlboro Maryland
Viking Magazine Company
9201 E Bloomington Fwy Ste F Minneapolis, Minnesota U.S.A.

Viking Magazine Company I gave this company a year of their service, and now they won't stop my payments after I stated I did'nt want their service anymore. Minneapolis Minnesota

Why are there so many crooked companies in the world? Viking Magazine Company is one of those companies. They will sit on the phone with you and act like their your friends and when everything is said and done they will cut your throat.

I had received magazines from this company for a full year faithfully and they were very nice about how they did business. They would always let me know when my account would be deducted for the magazines so I could plan ahead.

Well due to a change in my income I could'nt afford the magazines anymore,so I nicely gave them a call and asked them to stop sending me magazines and to stop charging me because I could'nt afford them anymore.

Their reply back to me was this, You are entitled to uphold your contract with us for a new year because we have you on tape authorizing us to send you magazines for a new year.

I kindly asked to speak with a manager. They transferred me over to speak with one of their managers whose name was Kim. I had expressed my situation with her and told her that I appreciated their service but I was unable to afford it anymore.

She went on with telling me that she would'nt let me out of the contract because of a recorded verbal agreement that I had made with the company.

I informed her that I would stop them from deducting funds from my account and she said that if I was to do that, that they would report me to the credit bureau and let them hear the recorded verbal agreement.

I told her that the way they were treating me was not fair or business like. She once again told me that there was nothing she could do and that I would have to pay the remaining balance of the magazines for the year.

This company is foul and something really needs to be done about them. I'm a US soldier of the Army and I'm proud of the United States but companies like this don't deserve to run in our country thats trying to rebuild trust,dignity and honor.

Kingcobra29
Upper Marlboro, Maryland

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/09/2009 10:29 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Viking-Magazine-Company/Minneapolis-Minnesota-55420/Viking-Magazine-Company-I-gave-this-company-a-year-of-their-service-and-now-they-wont-st-432261. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Viking Magazine Company