Complaint Review: Viking Magazine Service Inc.

• Submitted: Sun, January 05, 2014
  • Updated: Mon, January 06, 2014

• Reported By: Marylyn — Mineral Washington
Viking Magazine Service Inc.
1503 Highway 13 E Burnsville, Minnesota USA

Viking Magazine Service Inc. In writing said I could cancel order before two weeks after initial payment. Funds already paid to them would be returned to me before 45 days. That time was up on December 20, 2013, and still no refund. I just keep getting magazines from different magazine companies that I did not authorize. Burnsville Minnesota

I was contacted on November 1, 2013 by Viking Magazine Services via telephone. The man knew my name and a proceeded to give his sales pitch.  I agreed to take 4 different magazines. I was told that I would pay $16.65 a month for 27 months for a 60 month subscription. They took my debit card information and was to bill me on the 4th of each month. When I called my bank on the 4th to see if the charges had been taken out of my account, they had charged me $49.95.

When I contacted the company, they told me that I would be charged this $49.95(3month payment) for 9 months. That would be equal to 27 months worth of payments. They sent me a letter stating that they would charge my account on the third of each month, not the fourth as I had requested. This would over-draft my account. In this letter, it stated if I cancelled the subscription before two weeks after the initial payment, that they would cancel it free and return collected funds within 30-45 days.

That time was up on the 20 December 2013. No refund has been sent to me even though I cancelled on the 10 November 2013.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/05/2014 11:16 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Viking-Magazine-Service-Inc/Burnsville-Minnesota-55337-2917/Viking-Magazine-Service-Inc-In-writing-said-I-could-cancel-order-before-two-weeks-after-1113176. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Viking Magazine Service Inc.