Complaint Review: Viking Magazine Service

• Reported By: Shannon R. — Lancaster South Carolina United States of America
Viking Magazine Service
9201 East Bloomington Frwy #F Bloomington, Minnesota United States of America

Viking Magazine Service Verbal Abuse Bloomington, Minnesota

*Consumer Comment: BATMAN, BATMAN, BATMAN, BATMAN, DID YOU READ THE LETTER THAT WAS SENT TO THE MAINSTREAM MEDIA IN THE USA ON 9/12/2007 YET? 'Google' this- STEAK DINNER POEM, and the letter is there....

I have had 3 calls a  week or so ago from the company as I signed up for the service.  The first caller promised me a particular magazine.  Today, Chad called to verify my checking account information.  As he started recording the call for confirmation, I realized he was talking so fast I couldn't understand him.  When he asked me to verify a magazine I had canceled and verify another I hadn't requested, I told him "No".  I corrected him and he told me that I had never been promised that magazine in the first place.  He got verbally aggressive and "threatened" to play back the second caller's tape of my verification of that fact.  I told him I just wanted to cancel the account all together. He started yelling at me and stating my financial responsibility to the company, irregardless of my cancellation.  I told him repeatedly to cancel the entire account.  He raised his voice over mine each time.

Finally, I hung up.  He called back and said that he must have disconnected me.  I told him I hung up on him because I refused to be spoken to like that.  He continued his previous tirade in increasing volume.  I hung up again after telling him repeatedly to "Stop!".  He called back and hung up at least 4-6 more times after that.  As I don't have call-waiting, I went ahead and notified my bank of the cancellation and asked they deny any request from that company.  I had no more call and hangups after that.  I contacted their customer service department and was told that my account was already canceled.  I followed up with an cancellation email to the customer service department (and will be faxing a cancellation) as is my right within 14 days.  I don't trust these folks and wonder how they can stay in business.  Check out their Better Business Bureau reports; they verify our consumer concerns.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/26/2010 12:55 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Viking-Magazine-Service/Bloomington-Minnesota-55420/Viking-Magazine-Service-Verbal-Abuse-Bloomington-Minnesota-607565. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Viking Magazine Service