Complaint Review: Viking Magazine

• Reported By: Phunnell — Tinley Park Illinois
Viking Magazine
1503 Highway 13 E Burnsville, Minnesota USA

Viking Magazine Shameful Scam Artists Burnsville Minnesota

Sometime in early April a phone marketer for this company called my husband's cell phone and told him that he had won a gift certificate plus some magazine subscriptions and took our address, his social security number, debit card number and my cell phone number. I only discovered that he was sold and billed for $948.10 when a late payment notice came to the house via mail. They never sent a confirmation of order, copy of a contract, cancellation form or any other correspondence regarding this. My husband has absolutely no memory of this phone call or transaction as he is disabled with long term diagnosis of Traumatic Brain Injury, Hydrocephalus, & Asphasia. This is all documented by his doctors and he has been disabled since 1992. Due to these conditions he is unable to comprehend the very magazines he was sold. He is not competent to conduct financial or business transactions outside of simple cash purchases for himself. I hold Power of Attorney for him and conduct all our business. This past weekend we called the customer service of this company to cancel this service and they played back the recording of the original phone call in which he is clearly slow to answer and is not really understanding what is happening. Nevertheless they are now calling him constantly and harassing us both for payment. The customer service person responded to all my questions by parroting my questions back to me, belittled my husband and myself and refused to work with me in any way to correct this situation. They also recorded my conversation without my permission.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/23/2014 01:13 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Viking-Magazine/Burnsville-Minnesota-55337/Viking-Magazine-Shameful-Scam-Artists-Burnsville-Minnesota-1141129. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Viking Magazine