Complaint Review: Viking magazine service

• Submitted: Wed, June 27, 2012
  • Updated: Wed, June 27, 2012

• Reported By: AboveTheInfluence13 — Inglewood California United States of America
Viking magazine service
1503 hwy 13 E Burnsville, Minnesota United States of America

Viking magazine service Magazine company Burnsville, Minnesota

The company called my cell phone and they told me my name was entered in a money winning contest and they needed my information to confirm it. They asked my name, phone number, address, and they said thank you and transferred me to someone above them. That person was a very nice lady stating how I could win something else with 24 easy payments of 5 different magazines I told her I didn't want any magazines and she said if I did which ones and she listed some and I picked and she kept telling me it's a great deal and how she has some at home. And I said okay sure and she explained to me how the payments work since I told her I don't work and I am a student. So I got sucked into it and she never said I would receive magazines for 5 years and that my total payment would be $900+. Every time I tried to cancel they said I was past the due date to cancel and the first person told me I owed $85 then the second person said I owed $900 the last person my mother spoke to said I owed $800. They have my age and the last four digits of my social I didn't sign up for this they told me I was getting a nice female watch too I never got that either. The watch was free and that's what I really wanted and the lady I spoke to understood that. Now I owe this company called VMS some type of money which I'm not sure of anymore because the amount keeps changing.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/27/2012 04:57 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Viking-magazine-service/Burnsville-Minnesota-55337/Viking-magazine-service-Magazine-company-Burnsville-Minnesota-903819. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Viking magazine service