Complaint Review: Village Communities

• Updated: Tue, September 13, 2011

• Reported By: Amy — columbus Ohio United States of America
Village Communities
Columbus, OH Columbus, Ohio United States of America

Village Communities Donald R. Kenney Properties scrupulous treatment of ex employee Columbus, Ohio

*Consumer Comment: Village Communities

To potential Village Communities employee/tenant:

If your thinking about taking on a job with Village communities in Columbus, Ohio please wait until you hear my story. I started working for Village Communities in Oct 2005 but in Sept 2006 I was laid off by them or as they called it corporate downsizing. Within 30 days of my termination as an office receptionist I moved out of my small 1 bedroom apartment that I lease from them. So after being let go I moved out for two reasons. First, It was weird living in a  apartment complex where I had worked with so many of my ex -colleages. Secondly, I was unable to afford my rent. Since they let me go just a few days before the rent was due with a severance of only a couple of weeks of pay I had to move back home to parents house to make ends meet.
Fast forward five years to where we are now: They are still trying to collect $3367.30 for breaking a lease for my apartment after they fired me. They even have had their in house Bill Collector from Ardent Proprty Management T.C. call and harass me to pay them the money and sending letters threating litigation.
 I just want everyone to know that this company sucks and so do their properties, but most importantly you dont want to work for them. Trust me I know I was the office receptionist who took all the complaint calls. Sadly,  I feel that I am not the only employee that has gotten terminated,fired, downsized, or let go by village community and then gone after for remaining balance on their lease. Like I said I was a receptionist so I fielded alot of angry phone calls to include ex-employees calling in about owing thousands of dollars to Village Communities cause they lost there jobs there and now where being forced to move out.
Well I hope this helps to make you decision clearer for you.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/13/2011 09:14 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Village-Communities/Columbus-Ohio-43086/Village-Communities-Donald-R-Kenney-Properties-scrupulous-treatment-of-ex-employee-Columb-776163. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Village Communities

Village Communities

AUTHOR: upset with Ardent - ()

I believe what you have stated.  I have dealt with Ardent Property Management and Village Communities and in both instances I was treated unfairly.   It seems as though they treat everyone poorly and have no conscience.

Their apartments have lots of low lifes who grow marijuana and cook meth.   Since they are inside people's apartments on a somewhat regular basis I'm sure they know of these illegal activites taking place on their property.  Apparently the drug dealers must pay their rent on time and are allowed to stay even though the health and safety of other residents is at risk.

If you are smart you will never do business with this company.  TEveryone that I have dealt with there is liar and cannot be trusted.