- Report: #729134
Report - Rebuttal - Arbitrate
Complaint Review: Village Green at Arlington Club
Village Green at Arlington Club1533 Baldwin CT Wheelong, Illinois United States of America
Village Green at Arlington Club David Diehl Village Green at Arlington Club Deceptive Practices, Predatory Lending, writes fake collections reports. Horrible place even worse service Wheelong, Illinois
A business' first
line of defense
on the Internet.
If your business is
willing to make a
Click here now..
1. The quality of tenants is really poor. I would suggest that rents be raised to keep out undesirables, but they're already ridiculously high for what you get in return. We had the WORST neighbors, and there was a lot of turnover.
2. Dogs (and cats) are allowed here. For the record, I LOVE animals. However, I do not understand the logic of keeping a large dog (or two) in an apartment that is not even 1,000 square feet and has no fenced-in yard. It got to the point where I was calling the management office every day because the tenants next door and below both owned dogs that barked INCESSANTLY and at all hours. And to top it off, the aformentioned tenants couldn't be bothered to pick up after their pets. Instead of fining people or getting maintenance to take care of the issue, management just repeatedly sent out letters reminding people to clean up - which was completely ineffective. It was literally nauseating because there was dog ---- everywhere.
3. The actual apartment you wind up living in will look NOTHING like the model you are shown before you rent. My unit had hideous press board grease-stained cabinets, worn lineoleum in the kitchen and bathroom, a cracked vanity, and bedroom door that had a hole punched in it and was subsequently filled with wood putty. And that's just off the top of my head.
4. You think it's great to have a washer and dryer in your unit' Just wait until you find out you can only wash three shirts at a time. Their machines are TINY. It would honestly be quicker to go to a laundromat.
5. Heating and AC never worked the first time you turned it on for the season - we always had to place service requests to get the units up and running. One year it took them over a week to get our AC going! They gave us a discount on our rent, but still - maybe a little preventative maintenance is in order.
6. The office staff were truly incompetent when I lived here. When we first moved in, they gave us a key to a unit that was not only the incorrect floor plan, but hadn't even been cleaned. They switched us to a different unit, but I had already submitted address changes and mail forwarding with the post office for the incorrect unit number. It was a huge headache, and no one even apologized. And there was so much turnover - I was amazed whenever I noticed that someone was still working there after six months.
It took me over 1 month and 4 phone calls to get my dryer working right. On the 2nd call they replaced the washer/dryer with a brand new one. On the 3rd call they found that the problem was actually birds nesting in my dryer vent. Two weeks later, the dryer wasn't drying again. I called them for the 4th time. They removed another bird family from my dryer
My furnace has been out 6 times this winter. The pilot light keeps going out. So far they have: reignited the pilot, replaced the furnace filters, replaced the pilot assembly, replaced some gas line because of a leak(!), and the 5th time re-attached a loose wire(!!). I'm waiting for the 6th "fix" now. They have never sent an actual HVAC tech to investigate, only their own general maintenance guys. (I will be lucky to make it out of here alive at the end of the month.
The landscaping is a poorly maintained facade. The bushes outside my door are dead and barren all year The landscaping staff only cuts the grass and trims the parts of the bushes within their reach from the ground. There are pineapple-shaped cedars outside my patio as a result.
Trash and recycling are always overflowing. I have been awoken multiple times by landscapers mowing the grass before 7 AM. After calling the office about this for 3 weeks in a row without resolution, I reported the problem to the Wheeling Police, and never had the problem again. I was awkoen at 6:06 AM this morning to the sound of a snow shovel scraping the sidewalk. You might think this shows caring and responsibility, but the growing ice patch outside my door went unattended for the 3 days before that.
Front office is staffed by lazy incompetents who have misplaced/mis-recorded rent and utility payments and screwed up service appointments. They proposed an 8% rent increase for lease renewal. These greedy clowns would have to PAY
ME to continue living here. Recently, a new incompetent manager took over, and mandated inspections of all units to "update their inventory of apartment amenities". Not knowing what's in the units demonstrates the incompetence and lack of actual property management that occurs here. The front office performs two services: walking you through lease
signing, and receiving your rent payment. I would not count on anything else from them.
I haven't even mentioned the leaky windows that don't lock, the woefully inadequate insulation, and the unfiltered noise
from neighbors. There are plenty of other options if you need to rent in or near Wheeling. Try one of those, because you can't do any worse than Village Green at Arlington Club.
Read more: (((link redacted)))
I could go on..... and on. Learn from my mistake and save yourself the headache - don't rent here.
Read more: (((link redacted)))
Read more: (((link redacted)))
This is the worst company in America. They lie, cheat, steal, and don't do there job to get and take advantage of their residents. Most things on the complex and in the apartments are broken or will break on you in the first 2 months. Vandalism theft and drug dealers as neighbors all part of village green at Arlington bad service and even worse deal. High rent overpriced maintenance takes forever. The office is only rude and will cause you problems if you live here. they DO NOT HELP WITH ANYTHING OR SOLVE ISSUES EVEN ONES THEY CAUSE themselves BY BEING MORONS. DO NOT MOVE IN TRUST ME.
This building needs to fire their manager David Diehl immediately or they will have a major lawsuit on there hands. there manager is posting lies online about companies he never dealt with. this idiot also is using a company email and on company hrs. he has never been a client of our business or even spoke to the company so this is intentional harm to the companies good name without warrant. He will be sued as well as the company. I am sure this is not the type of person you want representing you company.
I have been living here for 8 months. My place got robbed 4 months ago. I still have not be reimbursed by the complex. When I moved in the place was dirty they said someone would clean the carpet the next day. That took over 4 weeks and ten calls to the office to get done. The manager is very rude and acts like he doesn't not care about the customer experience. The office takes forever any maintenance issues. The jacuzzi has been broken the whole time I have lived here.
I suggest you look somewhere else. I am not the only one who feels this way they have rip off reports and lots of other complaints.
Do yourself and favor and don't move in. Lots of crime and sketchy people that live here Deplorable
Read more: (((link redacted)))
We have lived here for an year. The property manager is horrible. He goes on his word.They don't care about the service to the customers. When you move in, make sure you list the minor damages which are already in there ,otherwise they just want you to pay for the existing damages.
Property manger will never listen to the situation, he just want you to pay for the damages for which you are not responsible for. Read more: (((link redacted)))
CLICK here to see why Rip-off Report, as a matter of policy, deleted either a phone number, link or e-mail address from this Report.
This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/13/2011 08:36 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Village-Green-at-Arlington-Club/Wheelong-Illinois-60090/Village-Green-at-Arlington-Club-David-Diehl-Village-Green-at-Arlington-Club-Deceptive-Prac-729134. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.
If you would like to see more Rip-off Reports on this company/individual, search here:Search Tips
In order to assure the best results in your search:
- Keep the name short & simple, and try different variations of the name.
- Do not include ".com", "S", "Inc.", "Corp", or "LLC" at the end of the Company name.
- Use only the first/main part of a name to get best results.
- Only search one name at a time if Company has many AKA's.
Advertisers above have met our
strict standards for business conduct.
- Business's (11)
- Lawyers and Law Firms (5312)
- Administrative Law (11)
- Admiralty & Maritime Law (27)
- Agricultural Law (2)
- Alternative Dispute Resolution (10)
- Antitrust & Trade Regulation (1)
- Appellate Practice (72)
- Aviation & Aerospace (11)
- Banking Law (90)
- Bankruptcy (380)
- Business Law (232)
- Civil Rights (55)
- Class Actions (30)
- Commercial Law (13)
- Communications Law (1)
- Constitutional Law (1)
- Construction Law (83)
- Contracts (7)
- Corporate Law (75)
- Criminal Law (668)
- Debtor & Creditor (51)
- Education Law (14)
- Elder Law (77)
- ElectionCampaign & Political (0)
- Eminent Domain (5)
- Employee Benefits (7)
- Energy (0)
- Entertainment & Sports (17)
- Environmental Law (43)
- Family Law (13)
- Finance (0)
- Government (14)
- Government Contracts (2)
- Health Care (1)
- Immigration (482)
- Indians & Native Populations (1)
- Insurance (90)
- Intellectual Property (526)
- International Law (33)
- International Trade (0)
- Internet Law (7)
- Investments (1)
- Labor & Employment (12)
- Legal Malpractice (92)
- Litigation (20)
- Media Law (1)
- Medical Malpractice (13)
- Mergers & Acquisitions (0)
- Military Law (5)
- Natural Resources (10)
- Occupational Safety & Health (0)
- Personal Injury (842)
- Products Liability (21)
- Professional Liability (0)
- Real Estate (361)
- Securities (169)
- Taxation (142)
- Technology & Science (0)
- Toxic Torts (0)
- Transportation (2)
- Trusts & Estates (368)
- White Collar Crime (1)
- Wills & Probate (7)
- Workers Compensation (242)
- Zoning, Planning & Land Use (10)
- Legal Services (32)
- Arbitrators/Mediators (7)
- Automotive Expert Witnesses (0)
- Bail Bonds (0)
- Court Reporters (1)
- Electronic Data Discovery (1)
- Expert Witnesses (1)
- Forensic Experts (1)
- Jury Selection (0)
- Legal Assistants (8)
- Legal Speakers (2)
- Litigation Support (2)
- Medical Expert Witnesses (1)
- Other (14)
- Paralegal (5)
- Private Investigators (6)
- Process Servers (7)
- Translators/Interpreters (0)
- Miscellaneous Business Services (19)