Complaint Review: Village Transmission

• Submitted: Thu, January 18, 2007
  • Updated: Fri, January 13, 2012

• Reported By:Seattle Washington
Village Transmission
23901 84th Ave. W. Edmonds, Washington U.S.A.

Village Transmission ripoff $2100 For Incompetent Repair Lasted Little Over An Year Incompetent repair lasted short term, misdiagnosed problem and cause further damage Edmonds Washington

*Author of original report: Village Transmission, Shoreline, WA

*Author of original report: Village Transmission, Shoreline, WA

*Consumer Comment: My 2 Cents

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: No rip off here. Just a Customer who does not understand Automobiles or Warrantys

*Consumer Suggestion: Warranty Extension

In April 2005, I took my 2001 Honda Accord w/30,000 miles to Village Transmission because it stopped running. They told me over the phone that the transmission needed to be rebuilt so I consented to having it done. I paid $2100.00 for the job.

It started having problems again early December 2006, so I took it back. However they assured me there was no problem with the transmission this time, just an electrical failure. They told me to return the following Tuesday, after Christmas to have it daignose for additonal charge.

My car stalled on Dec. 26, 2006. I had it towed to a closer mechanic, Dr. Don's Auto Repair in Ballard and was told that the transmission definitely is the problem. I called Village Transmission and Dave Earp, foreman technician responded that since the transmission was passed 6 months warranty, I'm on my own, it's the poor Honda design that is to be blamed, and there's not much they can do about it.

I finally had it towed to Amco Transmission in Shoreline and they totally rebuilt the transmission, costing $3624.00. This is an absolute scam, Village Transmission is full of incompetent people who don't know what they are doing, and charge consumers excess amount of money. Their inferior workmanship is temporary and it is dangerous! The public need to be aware of this!

Mary
Seattle, Washington

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/18/2007 10:09 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Village-Transmission/Edmonds-Washington-98026/Village-Transmission-ripoff-2100-For-Incompetent-Repair-Lasted-Little-Over-An-Year-Incomp-231371. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Village Transmission

Village Transmission, Shoreline, WA

AUTHOR: Mary - (U.S.A.)

This clearly is not a matter of unhappy customer or warranty issue, this was a MISTAKE made by Village Transmission in failure to repair the transmission properly!  You are refusing to admit the MISTAKE which cause your customer major distress and financial hardship, what if the same happened to you, how would you feel?  I was not expecting a temporary fix, otherwise why spend over $2K that will last only a few months.  AAMCO Transmission did a great job, going on six years now (2012), it is still running strong.  You can ask AAMCO what kind of job you did.  A fact is a fact and you can't deny it!  I just hope you will not jeopardize another customer's car.  You damaged your own reputation by making a major MISTAKE!

Village Transmission, Shoreline, WA

AUTHOR: Mary - (U.S.A.)

I am totally aware of this, I contacted the Honda manufacturer right after the transmission problem, but they refused to pay for any repairs because this is a second hand car no longer under warranty.

My 2 Cents

AUTHOR: tduncan - (United States of America)

I have been going to Village Transmission for more than 10 years and they are great. I never go with the first price quote. I always get 2 or 3 quotes and 85 percent of the time  I choose Village Transmission.

Thanks Village Transmission for everything you do.

#4 REBUTTAL Owner of company

AUTHOR: Nice Guy - (U.S.A.)

First of all let me start by saying that we have been is business for over 47 years. And in that time you are bound to run in to an unhappy customer. No matter what you do to satisfy them .You can't, they are just normaly unhappy people.It is true we did overhaul her transmission. However when she brought it back 14 months later, it was out of warranty. I told her to please leave it with me so I could take care of the problem. She refued and said she had to have her car because she had things she had to do. The next week she called Saying the car was at another shop and she wanted me to pay the bill. I told her if she would bring me the car I would work with her in any way posible to make her happy. She refuesed. Instead opting to pay twice as much as the original price that I gave her and expecting me to pay the bill. The transmission we are dealing with is a problematic transmission with a design flaw. I did not design the transmission I only fixed it. I would be greatly supprised if she still has that car and if the transmission that Amco put in it still works."You can please some of the people some of the time but not all of the people all of the time".

#5 REBUTTAL Owner of company

#6 REBUTTAL Owner of company

#7 REBUTTAL Owner of company

#8 Consumer Suggestion

Warranty Extension

AUTHOR: Nate - (U.S.A.)

You really need to contact Honda Customer Relations about this. Your Accord has a tranmission warranty extension which covers the automatic transmission and related components for 7 years/100,000 miles.

You are most likely eligible for reimbursement for the amount you paid to have it repaired. Honda will still reimburse you even if you had it repaired at a non-Honda facility, which is waht you have done.

Good luck!