Complaint Review: Vince Liotta

• Submitted: Tue, January 22, 2013
  • Updated: Thu, January 24, 2013

• Reported By: Jeanne — Corning California United States of America
Vince Liotta
400 Squaw Creek Rd, Unit 539, Squaw Valley,Ca 961 Internet United States of America

Vince Liotta I made reservationJan 13, 2013 for 2 nights March 2-4,$672.00,I cancelled 5 days later and they returned 30%.$220.00. Their cancel policy says 15 weeks I would get 90% but I made reserv 7 weeks priorf Internet

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: Cancelation Policy

I made my reservation Jan 13,2013 for 2 days March 2-4, $672.00, 5 days later we found we could not make it so I e-mailed to cancel reserv. They returned only 30% $220.00, they said their policy says if I cancelled within 15 weeks I could have received 90%. I made the reserv. 7 weeks prior to the date we where to arrive. I advised them to send 90% and I would be happy. They said I was being unreasonable!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/22/2013 02:45 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Vince-Liotta/internet/Vince-Liotta-I-made-reservationJan-13-2013-for-2-nights-March-2-467200I-cancelled-5-1001334. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Vince Liotta

#1 REBUTTAL Owner of company

Cancelation Policy

AUTHOR: Vincent Liotta - (United States of America)

Please be wary of selling anything to this couple Jeanne and Dean Adkins. They did not respect my cancelation policy and made accusations and threats when they canceled and received the appropriate refund amount per my clearly stated policy. Before they made a reservation on my website my cancelation policy is clearly shown on the same page, and later, when I email payment instructions to them I display it again as follows:

CANCELATION POLICY
 GIVE THIS MUCH NOTICE:         YOUR REFUND WILL BE:
    15 weeks                         90%
    12 Weeks                         70%
     9 Weeks                         50%
     6 Weeks                         30%
     Less than 6 Weeks                0%

They gave 6 weeks and 1 day cancelation notice, so I followed the policy and immediately refunded 30% of their payment. I also told them that even though I did not have to provide any more money to them, that I would be willing to do so anyway if I could re-rent some or all of their dates. They did not appreciate my generosity, and instead reported me to this site as well as BBB and Paypal.

Please see the email exchange between them and me below:

Jeanne,
In order to get 90% of your payments refunded you must give 15 weeks notice. 15 weeks notice is not even possible if you book a unit 7 weeks prior to an arrival date, so we don't know why you would think you should get 90% back. You made your reservation less than 9 weeks prior to your arrival date, so the most notice you can possibly give falls within the the 6 weeks category of our chart. We have had this policy for 5 years and have never had a complaint. We refunded 30% of your payment which is all we are required to do. However, because we wanted to do more,  we offered to go beyond that and refund more if we can re-rent your dates. And now we're wondering if we want to help you any further, since you do not seem appreciative.

Sent: Monday, January 21, 2013 11:13:49 AM
Subject: Re: Cancelation-PartialRefund: Jeanne Atkin Starting Saturday 3-02-13 for 2-nightsSquaw Creek Fireplace 539

We made the reservation 7 weeks before the date we were to arrive. This is not clear on your return policy. Please return at least 90% of my payment or I will report you to paypal and better business bureau and the resort.

On Mon, Jan 21, 2013 at 10:28 AM, <vliotta@comcast.net> wrote:
Hello Jeanne,

Our policy is clearly stated when you make a reservation request and before you make a payment. You can see it in two places below in this email string.

Sent: Monday, January 21, 2013 9:57:32 AM

That is outrageous I should be receiving at least 90% of my payment there was just a couple of days in between my requests of reservation and cancellation. Please credit me the balance thank you Jeanne.

On Fri, Jan 18, 2013 at 6:21 PM, <vliotta@comcast.net> wrote:
Per your email request, and your confirmaiton over the phone today, we canceled your reservation, and refunded $202 of your total payment of $672.

From: vliotta@comcast.net
To: "John Atkin" <atkin@clearwire.net>
Sent: Sunday, January 13, 2013 10:31:14 AM
Subject: PaidFull-ResNbrINCLUDED: Jeanne Atkin Starting Saturday 3-02-13 for 2-nightsSquaw Creek Fireplace 539

Your reservation number for this reservation starting Saturday March 2nd is: 34P50G. Please be sure to read the attached arrival instructions file; and have a great time!

From: vliotta@comcast.net
To: "John Atkin" <atkin@clearwire.net>
Sent: Sunday, January 13, 2013 12:05:06 AM
Subject: PaidFull-ResNbrComing: Jeanne Atkin Starting Saturday 3-02-13 for 2-nightsSquaw Creek Fireplace 539

Thanks, we received your final $140 payment for our Fireplace Suite.  Looks like you want to start on Saturday, March 2nd, so I will set it up that way for a 2-night stay departing on Monday morning. Please get back to me if this is wrong. i will send your confirmation number tomorrow.

Sent: Saturday, January 12, 2013 4:17:31 PM
Subject: Re: PaymentDueThisAfternoon: Jeanne Atkin 3-01-13 for 2-nightsSquaw Creek Fireplace 539

Sent money , I hope you made the reservation for Sat. and Sun.. Can we get discount lift tickets at the front desk, it would really help our visit.Thanks Jeanne

On Sat, Jan 12, 2013 at 1:02 PM, <vliotta@comcast.net> wrote:
Hello Jeanne,

We canceled your reservation for our unit 537, and are applying your $532 payment from it to this new reservation. The difference owed is $140. Please make this payment with your Paypal account, using the Send Money tab near the top. Our paypal account name is our email address: vliotta@comcast.net .  This payment is due by 6pm today.
Thankyou,Vince (& Joanne) Liotta
www.liottavp.com

Price Breakdown (2 Days) "Squaw Creek Fireplace 539"Friday, March 1, 2013$260.00Saturday, March 2, 2013$260.00Rent Subtotal:$520.00Tax:$52.00Cleaning:$100.00Total Cost:$672.00Down Payment:$286.00Paid$0.00Remaining Balance:$672.00Refundable Damage DepositRefundable Damage Deposit:$0.00Cancellation PolicyGive this much notice:Your refund will be:15 weeks90%12 Weeks70%9 Weeks50%6 Weeks30%Less than 6 Weeks0%
Sent: Saturday, January 12, 2013 11:34:34 AM
Subject: Re: Canceled-RequiresFridayOrPremiumOr3-Nights: Reservation Request for 2 night(s) beginning 2013-03-02 for Squaw Creek Fireplace 539

It can be the same as the other reservation. Thanks Jeanne

On Sat, Jan 12, 2013 at 10:49 AM, <vliotta@comcast.net> wrote:
Hello Jeanne, and thanks foItr this other reservation, but we cannot accept it "as is" and switch your other reservation to it, unless you can do one of the following:Change it to a Friday and Saturday night stayPay a premium of $60 plus tax on top of the cost so this stay equals the cost of a Friday and Saturday night stayAdd one more night.Please call or email with your questions at any time.

From: "Jeanne Atkin" <atkin@clearwire.net>
Sent: Saturday, January 12, 2013 10:21:00 AM
Subject: Reservation Request for 2 night(s) beginning 2013-03-02 for Squaw Creek Fireplace 539

- THIS IS A NOTIFICATION THAT A RESERVATION REQUEST HAS BEEN MADE. -
TO APPROVE (OR DENY) THIS REQUST PLEASE LOGIN TO THE ADMIN INTERFACE.

*********************************************************************

Home: (530) 824-4546
NOTES:
Please change my reservation to this date and change to 539

-------------------------------------------------
 PRICE BREAKDOWN (2 NIGHTS) "Squaw Creek Fireplace 539"
 Rent Subtotal:                      $460.00