Complaint Review: Vindale.com

• Submitted: Fri, February 01, 2008
  • Updated: Tue, March 25, 2008

• Reported By:New Port Richey Florida
Vindale.com
676A Ninth Ave #319 New York, New York U.S.A.

Vindale.com Outright fraud. Stealing personal information. Having to put money up front. New York New York

*Consumer Suggestion: Don't Listen to Derek

*UPDATE Employee: Vindale.com

*Author of original report: Vindale Research Surveys

*Author of original report: Vindale Research or vindale.com or Say for Example, Inc. Surveys for cash

For the past month or so, I've been working for a survey online company called vindale.com, with "offices" in NY. This morning they terminated me because I wouldn't send info on my credit card account and because when I tried to send them confirmation that I did the Eval, they said I was emailing them too often.

Their instructions on how the whole process works were vague. This morning, before I was fired, I completed 2 surveys for them. Then they notified me that my account was closed and that any pending shops or the 2 I did this morning is forfeited when I terminated. They terminated me. I wasn't expecting it.

First off, I had to pay $25 dollars to join. My radar should have picked that up but I needed extra money in the long run.

I would like compensation for my time and work. They have blocked me from their site and claimed I quit. No way. I wasn't even in the house when they sent me that email.

One time they furnished a physical address -- 243 Fifth Ave, #641, NY, NY 10016 -- a telephone number (automated and vague) and a fax number. What's the difference if I send them a fax or an email? They're complaining about emails and are constantly changing the number of the job.

My stomach is in knots and I'm not going to do surveys anymore with anybody. Furthermore, I'm disabled and unable to hold down a job. I live on a fixed income. I guess I'm the type of customer they want -- I didn't use my head. But still, I would like to see that business closed and the person rsponsible for that site do prison time and receive a huge fine.

Kathy
New Port Richey, Florida

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/01/2008 09:07 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Vindalecom/New-York-New-York-10036/Vindalecom-Outright-fraud-Stealing-personal-information-Having-to-put-money-up-front-305385. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Vindale.com

#1 Consumer Suggestion

Don't Listen to Derek

AUTHOR: Benjamin - (U.S.A.)

Don't beleive a work Derek says.

It's funny he claims all of vindale's ripoffreport's are not "real". If that was the case, then how come the actual legit survey sites, have NO ripoffreports?

But lets for a second pretend that Derek is being honest. Who care's if it's Vindale or a third party?!? -- If it started at vindale, and it led to a bad rip off experience -- then people should avoid Vindale. Simple as that.

BTW to anyone reading this -- if you searched "vindale.com" -- try searching for just "vindale" on this site -- you will find MANY MORE reports files against Vindale.

Vindale.com

AUTHOR: Derek - (U.S.A.)

I just want to clarify somethings... Vindale does not charge an upfront fee to join its site, check the site for yourself www.vindale.com.

Secondly, we will only cancel or terminate your account if we feel you have violated the terms and agreement.

We do not share or sell any of your information nor do we ask for your credit card information or any other personal information, other than a basic sign-up form which includes: name, address, e.mail.

Vindale does offer third party products as evaluations which may charge our members, but it always specified before you accept to take the evaluation. Generally if there is an inital charge like shipping and handling, we reimburse the member, plus a added bonus to evalute the product.

More importantly we are hoping our members try the product (evaluate the product) because he or she is interested. You are not forced to take any evaluations and there are multiple evaluations to select from.

I would have to say 99% of the claims i see listed on these forums are outrageously distorted, and rants from people who have had a bad experience from our third party, not something that is directly related to Vindale.

Vindale Research Surveys

AUTHOR: Anonymous - (U.S.A.)

I wanted to know if NewYorker, who also filed a complaint against Vindale, was asked to pay $20 up front before they sent him/her a list of surveys to choose from.

I'm discovering that Vindale is connected to other online venues. Businesses like this seem to operate under different names simultaneously. I was wondering why different companies were sending me the same surveys and trial products as Vindale. The trick is these sites are run by the same entity.

I have unsubscibed from about 75 such companies and yet the mail still keeps coming and I have to watch who sends the mail as it might entail their taking money off my credit card monthly. It's endless. I would also like to advise if you start getting telemarketing calls, say you're not interested and hang up. Within hours of my signing up with Vindale, I began receiving similar online business emails and early the next morning, telemarketing calls.

This is so fraudulent, I wonder how these "companies" are allowed to continue like this. I would urge everyone reading this to never "subscribe" to online surveys, sweepstakes, trial products, etc. Do not fall for them. I had to learn the hard way because of my need for some pocket money and I can't believe how I was ripped off.

I hope NewYorker answers this -- whether he/she put up $20 up front.

Vindale Research or vindale.com or Say for Example, Inc. Surveys for cash

AUTHOR: Anonymous - (U.S.A.)

I received several emails and just got off the phone with Customer Service from "Ivory White." I had done their evaluation shortly before I was cancelled. With my own funds, I have to send a sample back of tooth whitener as vindale.com cut me off hours after I did the shop. If it doesn't reach Ivory White in 10 days, I have to pay $78 for the subscription of them sending me Ivory White every month or so.

I am not interested in this product. But because I did the work, and paid postage on this product, I have to again put out my own money. Vindale.com doesn't have to pay for it.

Again, I was deceived by Vindale. They told me 2 of my shops were "clicked." I tried to show them proof that I did the evaluation. Then they cut me off.