Complaint Review: Vinesse - American Cellars Wine Club

822 Hampshire Rd. Suite E Westlake, California United States of America
  • Phone: 1-800-823-5527
  • Web:
  • Category:

Vinesse - American Cellars Wine Club American Cellars Wine Club Unordered wines from non-existent wineries Westlake, California

After receiving an email offer that appeared to be from USAir offering six bottles of wine at half price for $41.94 that would earn 2000 frequent flier miles, I placed an order with Vinesse Wine Club, aka American Cellars Wine Club.  The deal was that after the initial trial order, I could quit the club with no further obligation.  On Dec. 15, I received an email stating that I would receive the wine and special gift within ten days.  The Friday after Christmas, I called to inquire about the wine and was told that there are problems with shipping the wine to Arizona - because of Arizona law - that would delay the shipment.  I was told not to worry, it is in the pipeline and I should get it soon.  On Jan. 21, I still had not received the wine and was calling Vinesse when my doorbell rang.  UPS had me sign and then gave two boxes (each with six bottles of wine) with shipping labels indicating that both boxes were shipped on the same day, Jan. 6, 2010.  There was no invoice.  I went online and checked my credit card bill and found a charge for Jan. 14 for $124.97 and a charge for Jan. 15 for the trial order for $41.94 from Vinesse.  I called and immediately canceled my membership in the club.  To add further to my anger, I was going to contact the twelve vineyards supposedly represented by the labels - only none of them exist.  I will be doing further searching for this scam, as it is fraudulent advertising and false labeling.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/23/2010 06:05 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Vinesse-American-Cellars-Wine-Club/Westlake-California-91361/Vinesse-American-Cellars-Wine-Club-American-Cellars-Wine-Club-Unordered-wines-from-non-e-559057. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Vinesse - American Cellars Wine Club