• Report: #602017

• Submitted: Tue, May 11, 2010
  • Updated: Tue, May 11, 2010

• Reported By: Joanne — south Glens falls New York United States of America
Vinesse - American Cellars Wine Club
822 Hampshire Road, Suite E Westlake Village, California United States of America

Vinesse - American Cellars Wine Club Vinesse Customer Support I joined the American Club wine membership and have received two orders. Even though I was not impressed with any of the wine in the first order, I figured I would wait until after the second order t Westlake Village California

I joined the American Club wine membership and have received two orders.  Even though I was not impressed with any of the wine in the first order, I figured I would wait until after the second order to cancel or call.  The average cost per bottle is $20.  The second shipment was no better than the first. In fact, it was worse. I served the wine to friends and we ended up dumping a bottle,it was that bad.  When I called to cancel, customer service tried to upsell me to a higher quality of wine, average cost per bottle $25. I shop at wine stores and the average cost of what I believe a good bottle is around $16, so I am expecting every bottle to be decent quality, and it was not.  when I told her to cancel, she informed me that my order was already being shipped even.  But my membership calls for a shipment every other month!!! sound fishy?   Far from the "satisfaction guaranteed" and "cancel any time" that is displayed on their site.  So if  my shipments are sent every other month, and I called to cancel 5 days after receiving the second shipment., why do you think she is shipping the next shipment?   She told me I would be charged another $124.97 for 6 bottles and they would be sent and there was nothing she could do about it. I asked to speak with a manager and she told me none was available and that someone would call me back. Of course that never happened.  Don't buy this wine, unless you want to get ripped off.

Joanne, Queensbury, NY

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/11/2010 10:24 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Vinesse-American-Cellars-Wine-Club/Westlake-Village-California-91361/Vinesse-American-Cellars-Wine-Club-Vinesse-Customer-Support-I-joined-the-American-Club-602017. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Vinesse - American Cellars Wine Club