Complaint Review: Vinesse - American Cellars Wine Club

• Submitted: Mon, July 20, 2009
  • Updated: Fri, July 24, 2009

• Reported By:Evans City Pennsylvania
Vinesse - American Cellars Wine Club
830 DenBeste Ct. Windsor, California U.S.A.

Vinesse - American Cellars Wine Club Credit card charged without my knowledge, items shipped without knowledge, would not refund shipping charges Windsor California

*UPDATE Employee: Credits and Points Credited to Customer

*UPDATE Employee: Credits and Points Credited to Customer

*Author of original report: UPDATE

As stated by other members, I have had the same problems with American Wine Cellars. I joined this club for the Amtrak points, and I cannot believe that Amtrak (or other trusted airline point clubs) would offer anything from a scam business like this.

I joined in June, and received my introductory package and enjoyed it. Within less than a month, I was shipped a 'Seasonal' package without my knowledge. I was lucky I checked their website to see if I was going to be charged every month, like other scam operations do, and I noticed that 'Seasonal' package was sent to me on 7/10. They were also asking me for my credit card number again online, so I called and canceled that day.

I noticed on my online banking statement that I was charged $99.97 on 7/13, the day I canceled my accont. I called on 7/20 to get my money refunded, and was told that they could only refund 78.97 to my card (not the $21.00 shipping). This was after being disconnected once while waiting for a supervisor. (I was told that a supervisor was not available, and one would call me back...yeah, right!)

I called back and did get a supervisor (Beverly), and after some very shrewd talking by me and mentioning the lawyer-word, she said she would refund the $21, but it would take a week-and-a-half.

I also filed a report with my bank. I am not holding my breath on getting any of that money back right away. I also mentioned the 2000 plus Amtrak points to the customer service agent, and I did not want another Odyssey in trying to get those. She said she credited them and they were 'uploaded' to Amtrak. I won't be holding my breath for those either.

This is another scam that people unfortunately get caught up in, and when I could not find a way to cancel online on their web page, it tipped me off. Avoid this company!

Mar-jean
Evans City, Pennsylvania

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/20/2009 09:10 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Vinesse-American-Cellars-Wine-Club/Windsor-California-95492/Vinesse-American-Cellars-Wine-Club-Credit-card-charged-without-my-knowledge-items-shipp-471449. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Vinesse - American Cellars Wine Club

Credits and Points Credited to Customer

AUTHOR: acameron@vinesse.com - (U.S.A.)

The customer was contacted and all of the requested credits, including the shipping and handling, were refunded on 7/24/2009.  The 2,000 Amtrak points for enrolling in the wine club were deposited into the customer's account on 7/10/2009.  We apologize for any confusion on the offer and the shipments.

Credits and Points Credited to Customer

AUTHOR: acameron@vinesse.com - (U.S.A.)

The customer was contacted and all of the requested credits, including the shipping and handling, were refunded on 7/24/2009.  The 2,000 Amtrak points for enrolling in the wine club were deposited into the customer's account on 7/10/2009.  We apologize for any confusion on the offer.

UPDATE

AUTHOR: Mar-jean - (U.S.A.)

Called on 7/20 and demanded a refund and my Amtrak points. I was told that my Amtrak points were 'uploaded', and that they would not refund all of my charge (99.97), and that they would not refund the remaining $21, because it was a shipping charge. I said that I wanted everything refunded.

I was put on hold to wait for a supervisor, and then the call was disconnected. I called again, and talked to a supervisor (Beverly), and she told me they would not refund the full amount. After talking to her for several minutes, she agreed to refund both amounts, but said that the $21 would take a week and a half to get back.

My Amtrak points did show up, but both of my refunds have not shown up in my bank account (the $78.97, which was supposed to be done right away, and the $21). I am calling them today to ask where my money is.

I also have to fill out paperwork from my bank to get the money back in case American Cellars does not.