Complaint Review: Vinesse - American Cellars

• Submitted: Tue, December 30, 2008
  • Updated: Mon, November 02, 2009

• Reported By:Lebanon New Jersey
Vinesse - American Cellars
822 Hampshire Road Suite E Westlake Village, California U.S.A.

Vinesse - American Cellars Another RIPPED OFF customer!!! Westlake Village California

*UPDATE Employee: 100% Guarantee

Buyers beware!!! Wine is of very poor quality. Average cost of wine per bottle is $6 or less. Vinesse charges $16.50 per bottle after the "introductory offer".

Called Vinesse to cancel my membership... 24 days later I receivedanother shipment of 6 bottles for $99. Vinesse claims the shipment was already processed when I canceled my membership. I was then informed that I could return it at my expense. I contacted my credit card company to file a "dispute" and again called Vinesse to ask them to pick up the tab for the return shipment. I was then told that according to their records I canceled my membership on the same day I received my second shipment. Every time I asked to talk to a supervisor, I was put on hold and eventually disconnected.

Please save yourself a lot of disappointment and aggravation. Do not deal with Vinesse or join any of their "wine clubs"... they are in the business of ripping people off by selling substandard wines and then using shady business practices to force you to make additional purchases. In short... this wine club is a SCAM!!!

N. fernandes
Lebanon, New Jersey

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/30/2008 01:16 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Vinesse-American-Cellars/Westlake-Village-California-91361/Vinesse-American-Cellars-Another-RIPPED-OFF-customer-Westlake-Village-California-406279. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Vinesse - American Cellars

100% Guarantee

AUTHOR: acameron@vinesse.com - (U.S.A.)

At Vinesse, we pride ourselves on customer service and regret that the customer was not satisfied.  We offer a 100% guarantee of satisfaction on all products.  The customers offer was to receive the first shipment at half-price plus free shipping, which he did receive.  After the introductory shipment, the offer indicates that the customer will be charged an average of $12-$15 per bottle, plus shipping and handling, which is our regular price.

Both of the shipments were accepted by the customer and not returned to us.  We apologize for any confusion or misunderstanding.