Complaint Review: Vinesse

• Updated: Wed, September 29, 2010

• Reported By: Judith — Pleasant Valley New York USA
Vinesse
822 Hampshire Rd, Ste E Westlake Village, California United States of America

Vinesse Vinesse Wine Club Annual Fee Added without Notice and Bad Customer Service Westlake Village, California

I joined the Vinesse Wine club and received 4 shipments of wine.  After 5 months in the club a $30 fee appeared on my credit cart as an annual fee.

I called customer service to let them know that I never heard of nor agreed to an annual fee.  I was told that they sent me a letter stating that I would be charged an annual fee and that it was voucher that I could use in 60 days to make a purchase. I told them that I did not receive the letter and would like to cancel my membership and have them back out the fee. I was told that it would be very unlikely for them to do that but she would send an e-mail to "corporate" and they would get back to me.

A week later (after not hearing anything) I called them again and was told that my request was denied. I requested to speak to a Supervisor who again told told me about the voucher. I told him I hadn't known or agreed to it and would like it backed out. If not, I would tell my credit card company not to pay it. He said he would check again and either e-mail or phone me.

After 2 days with no response, I called again. She checked with the Supervisor and he said it was again denied. When I called my credit card company, they said if it was Vinesse policy then they couldn't help me.

The "customer disservice" seems to be in a different location then where you place the order. Knowing that my credit card company would be unable to help me, I believe that the Stupervisor took no action on my behalf and just waited for me to call back (or not) since there seems to be nothing that I can do about it.

So now I am in the position of placing an order to use the $30 voucher (I don't know when it expires since I don't have it) and incur another charge from them of around $50 that I will have to pay. Bummer.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/29/2010 12:23 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Vinesse/Westlake-Village-California-91361/Vinesse-Vinesse-Wine-Club-Annual-Fee-Added-without-Notice-and-Bad-Customer-Service-Westlak-645728. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Vinesse