Complaint Review: Vinson T. Walker, Web Marketing Source, Captures, Visible

• Submitted: Sat, August 25, 2007
  • Updated: Sun, August 26, 2007

• Reported By:Warren Illinois
Vinson T. Walker, Web Marketing Source, Captures, Visible
14953 NE 95th St., Redmond, WA 98052 Redmond, Washington U.S.A.

Vinson T. Walker, Web Marketing Source, Captures, Visible Assistance with web marketing which I called and canceled Redmond Washington

*Consumer Suggestion: Beware of this Company!

On August 15, 2007, I received a telephone call from Vinson Walker (425-250-0932) representing Web Marketing Source. We had a lengthy conversation and I did agree to purchase a program he offered for a one time setup fee of $1,649.99 and a $99.00 monthly service fee and he said he would pay the $99.00 for each of the first three months. The charge on my credit card shows for Captures.com. No mention was made of Web Marketing Source. At the time I agreed to the program no mention was made of Captures.com. I learned of Captures.com when I saw the charge on my credit card and went to Captures.com.

On August 17, 2007, after talking with my supervisor, I decided Web Marketing Source was not a good option for me. I then called Vinson Walker and advised him of my decision. He let me know he was not pleased and said he would have to talk to his supervisor. I soon received a call from Vinsons supervisor. After a rather nasty discussion he agreed to refund my $1,649.99 and he would cancel the service at once.

The cancellation has not happened. Actually, what agreed to on August 15th did not show up on my credit card until August 18th! Since the promised cancellation, I have had two people from Web Marketing Source call me about my service, and one of them has sent me two e-mails regarding the service. I answered both of the e-mails telling of my decision to cancel the

Since my call attempting to cancel this service, I have tried to call Vinson Walker with the same resulthis phone is being answered by the answering service. On one of these calls I heard a phone being hung upI think he is using this as a screening device.

I feel this is fraudulent to say the least.

Warren, Illinois

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/25/2007 08:43 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Vinson-T-Walker-Web-Marketing-Source-Captures-Visible/Redmond-Washington-98052/Vinson-T-Walker-Web-Marketing-Source-Captures-Visible-Assistance-with-web-marketing-wh-270188. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Vinson T. Walker, Web Marketing Source, Captures, Visible

#1 Consumer Suggestion

Beware of this Company!

AUTHOR: Melissa - (U.S.A.)

Hi my name is Melissa and I am another victim of this company. I too signed up with them and was told I had 10 days to cancel if changed my mind. After coming on here I soon changed my mind after reading the numerous other reports and called right away to cancel. Of course you cannot reach anyone and when I finally did my rep Greg said he would submit my cancellation. A couple of months went by and I though nothing of it.

Then one day I get a call from Captures saying they want their payment that was refunded back to my credit card or they are taking me to collections. I told them I canceled within my specified time frame and they told me there was never a cancellation period. So I was basically lied to by their Rep to get me to sign up and into a so called contract with them! Once I signed the contract I was with them for 2 years they told me. So long story short I am now being harassed by a collection company and they are threating to ruin my credit if I don't pay them $9,000.00. They tried to go back and charge my credit card for so called monthly service charges after I told them they did not have permission to charge my credit card. This company has been a complete nightmare! Keep in mind that they do all this to you and the whole time they do not provide any kind of service for you at all.

So my advice to you would be to just watch you credit card for anymore charges from them and if you see any dispute it right away. I ended up having to cancel my current card and have a new one issued so they would leave my card alone. Be prepared if they didn't get your money to demand it and if you don't they will send you to collections. Also report them if you can to the BBB in Washington as well as their States Attorney General's office. There have been many of us victims that have done so already. The more reports the Attorney General's office receives the sooner they will start an investigation on these crooks. Good luck on your future endeavors with your website as well.