Vienna

• Updated: Wed, March 06, 2013

• Reported By: Davidson X — United States of America
Virgilio's Pizzeria & Wine Bar
10025 W San Juan Way Littleton, Colorado United States of America

Virgilio's Pizzeria & Wine Bar Virgilio's Pizzeria Horrifying Place! Littleton, Colorado

*Consumer Comment: Davidson X,

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: Wow, this never happened!

*Consumer Comment: Oh sure

*Consumer Comment: Robert definitely pegged this scammer....

*Consumer Comment: bob from irvine

*Consumer Comment: Robert,

*Consumer Comment: Hahahaha

*Consumer Comment: Nice Try but..NO

I have been hearing positive reviews about this restaurant. There were even cutouts that say this pizzeria won multiple 'best pizza' awards for years. I decided to try it and it was a HUGE MISTAKE! The Margherita 14" was suppose to cost $16.99, but I was charged $32.99 instead!!! I didn't realize I was overcharged till I went home and I took out the receipt and compare the price online.

I opened the pizza box and the pizza was horribly cold and wet. As if it's taken out from the freezer and dethawed, and served.  The spices like onion tasted weird too. It just taste spoilt!! The meat were very sparse and inferior in quality. After eating it, my family and I ended up with a severe food poisoning that we needed to go to the hospital for treatment.

I called them several days later and told them that I want a compensation. The cashier was the one whom pick up the call, and even scolded me for trying to scam them. We argued on the phone for nearly 10 minutes when she decided to just let her 'boss' speak to me.

The boss was no other than Virgilio, the famous 'chef'. I told him about what happened, and initially he was calm and listening to my every words. As soon as I finish my complain, he told me that my food poisoning was most probably caused by my wife's bad cooking. He said he is a famous chef and will never serve any 'spoilt' ingredients, only the finest.

I told him that the food poisoning was caused by his pizza and nothing else as I didn't eat/drink anything else that night. He told me to piss off. I threatened a lawsuit and he told me that he has the money and connection to hire the best lawyer. He is willing to sue me for slander and countersue for everything I had.

I was so pissed off that I just have to write this complaint to tell others to AVOID this pizzeria.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/04/2013 06:10 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Virgilios-Pizzeria-Wine-Bar/Littleton-Colorado-80127/Virgilios-Pizzeria-Wine-Bar-Virgilios-Pizzeria-Horrifying-Place-Littleton-Colorado-1023079. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Virgilio's Pizzeria & Wine Bar

Davidson X,

AUTHOR: Karl - (USA)

If you can provide the name of the hospital where you and your family were treated for the alleged food poisoning, along with copies of the receipts, your Ripoff Report would be more convincing. Just give us an update with all of the information that will prove your claim. If not, we can assume that you posted a fake Report.

#2 REBUTTAL Owner of company

Wow, this never happened!

AUTHOR: Virgilios Pizzeria - (United States of America)

After reading this review, I myself feel sick. I am Virgilio, not only the owner of Virgilio's Pizzeria but the man you will see here everyday. I care deeply about serving the highest quality, truly authentic, fresh Italian food that money can buy.  I take pride in serving my mother's many recipes.  So I take this accusation very seriously.  I do not remember this alleged conversation between us and found so many of your claims as outright untruths.  This review has no validity which leads me to believe someone other than a customer wrote it.  It is a shame that in this day and age any disgruntled person (i.e. competitors) can post such an untrue, vile review with total anonymity.

Oh sure

AUTHOR: The Outlaw Josey Wales - (United States of America)

a seal of approval from bob from irvine's brother, kenny. all we need now is stacie's seal. LMAO

Robert definitely pegged this scammer....

AUTHOR: Ken - (USA)

Here's the ingredient list for the Margherita pizza...

"A light pizza with olive oil, garlic, fresh basil, fresh tomatoes, mozzarella and Parmesan cheeses. Perfect with a beer on a hot summer night."

NO onion, NO meat.  What a drama queen.

bob from irvine

AUTHOR: The Outlaw Josey Wales - (United States of America)

now knows everything about pizza, wow

Robert,

AUTHOR: Karl - (USA)

You can 'Google' this- WASH YOUR HANDS BY NOEL PENNINGTON YOUTUBE, and watch that video on the web in order to see what appears to be a homemade Margherita Pizza.

Hahahaha

AUTHOR: Inspector - (USA)

Good catch Robert!

Nice Try but..NO

AUTHOR: Robert - (U.S.A.)

Do you want to know where your report failed?  Well it actually failed in several parts, but let me give you a hint on one of the bigger points.

Figure it out yet?  No, well let me give you another hint.

The meat were very sparse and inferior in quality

Still haven't figured it out?  Well then let me tell you.  Do you know what ingredients are on a Margherita pizza?  Obviously not because there isn't any meat so it can't even be sparse...BUSTED..thanks for playing see you next time.

So are you a Competitor, Ex-Employee, or perhaps even an ex-relationship with someone at the restaurant?

Of course if you are telling the truth, then go ahead and post a copy of the receipt showing you being charged $32.99 and a copy of the letter the doctor gave you that said it was food poisoning from the pizza...or heck even a copy of the hospital bill that shows you and your entire family were even there.