Complaint Review: Virgin Mobile BroadBand2Go

• Submitted: Sat, February 16, 2013
  • Updated: Sat, February 16, 2013

• Reported By: Flowerchild — Durham North Carolina United States of America
Virgin Mobile BroadBand2Go

Virgin Mobile BroadBand2Go Model MC760 VMU outdated, useless, DO NOT PURCHASE, Internet

I recently purchased a Virgin Mobile Broadband2Go USB stick, Model MC760 VMU.  I have used it for the past 90 days.  The first two months I purchased $55/5 GB plan, last month I opted for the cheaper $35/ 2.5 GB/month plan.  I kept thinking that conditions would improve, that the product would work better.  I have tried the laptop stick on 2 different PC's and a MAC.  Not worth a darn on anything, in fact I cannot even connect using the MAC unless I jump through hoops and learn to speak some foreign language I have no desire to learn.  After numerous attempts, burning many, many cell minutes, I finally spoke with someone today at tech support, who told me the only solution is to buy a different stick.  SAY WHAT???

So, he says, this stick only connects at 3G and even though the map shows I should be getting excellent coverage (that's what I thought too), it is the useless model stick I am using that is the problem.  So, rather than having to watch the "buffering"/ spinning gears more than I am the TV shows or movies that I had wanted to watch, I will be taking the stick outside and enjoy placing the laptop stick in the traffic lane of a very busy road and watch all the vehicles, including mine, run over it.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/16/2013 03:18 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Virgin-Mobile-BroadBand2Go/internet/Virgin-Mobile-BroadBand2Go-Model-MC760-VMU-outdated-useless-DO-NOT-PURCHASE-Internet-1015460. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Virgin Mobile BroadBand2Go