Complaint Review: Virgin Mobile USA, L.P.

• Submitted: Thu, June 09, 2011
  • Updated: Thu, June 09, 2011

• Reported By: Kay — Fishers New York United States of America
Virgin Mobile USA, L.P.
10 Independence Blvd Warren, New Jersey United States of America

Virgin Mobile USA, L.P. Apalling lack of customer service/kept my $/lied to me/never got the phone I paid for Warren, New Jersey

*Consumer Comment: If you think THAT'S bad customer service

5/13 - I bought a phone from Virgin Mobile

5/16 - I received an email from VM stating that my phone was shipped overnight (Fed-Ex)

5/19 - I called customer service (888-322-1122) because phone had not arrived.  I was assured that the phone was "in transit" and I would have it by 5/20 or 5/21.

5/22 - I called customer service again because still no phone.  I had to start all over because,  when you call there, no one has a clue & it's like the 1st time you are calling.  I was told the issue would be "escalated".  When I asked to speak with a manager, I was refused.

5/26 - Still no phone - emails ignored.  I called customer service again  - once again, my request to speak to a manager was refused.  I asked that my money be refunded, but was told my phone had shipped, so I could not get a refund.

5/27 - I called customer service once again looking for a tracking # - transferred to tech support, then finally (after waiting on hold for 20 minutes) transferred to a manager.  He said that the case had not been escalated, but he would do that now, apologized, and assured me that he would get a phone shipped to me and contact me with the tracking #

6/4 - no communication - no phone - called customer service - after waiting on hold for another 20 min, spoke with manager who assured me that my phone would definitely ship 6/6 and I would be contacted with a tracking #

6/7 - no communication - no phone - called customer service - spent 1 1/2 hours (until 10:30pm) on the phone trying to get someone... anyone.. to put a phone in a box and send it to me.  Once again, I was promised that a phone would be shipped and an order # & tracking # would be emailed to me that night.

6/8 - no communication - no phone - called customer service - was told I need to be "patient" while they follow their procedures

6/9 - received an email saying no phones were available to ship and they would credit my account (not my Pay Pal account, where they took the money out of)... my Virgin account.  Then they had the audacity to charge me a monthly fee when I hadn't been able to make any calls because I HAVE NO PHONE!!!!!

I have lived in fear for four weeks.  If I have an emergency, I have no way to call for help.  They do not care.  I have spent countless hours on the phone and have gotten so stressed from arguing over this situation... they do not care.  This is the worst company I have ever dealt with!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/09/2011 02:50 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Virgin-Mobile-USA-LP/Warren-New-Jersey-07059/Virgin-Mobile-USA-LP-Apalling-lack-of-customer-servicekept-my-lied-to-menever-got-738905. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Virgin Mobile USA, L.P.

If you think THAT'S bad customer service

AUTHOR: mr rik - (USA)

Just wait till you get your phone.

You must be really hellbent on getting screwed, I would've walked at the first sign of stupidity.

Too bad you paid with paypal, I'm not sure if they will help you or not.  I've heard they SUCK.  doesn't hurt to try though.

You should use credit card in the future that way you can just file a dispute at the first sign of a ripoff,

Good luck, sounds like this virgins good at raping.