Complaint Review: Virgin Mobile USA

• Submitted: Fri, March 22, 2013
  • Updated: Fri, March 22, 2013

• Reported By: T. David — Kansas City Kansas
Virgin Mobile USA

Virgin Mobile USA False and misleading information provided by Customer Service Internet

My issue is simple.  Virgin Mobile customer service gave me incorrect information, causing me to purchase a phone that will not work for its intended purpose.

I was looking to purchase a used Iphone 4,  which was used on Virgin Mobile Canada, but I suspected there may be issues with bringing it to the US.  So I called Customer Service to inquire.

I was specifically told there would be no problem and to simply call once I received the phone because they would need to get information from me to activate it.  There was no confusion as to my purpose.

I relay this concern with Customer Service again and get the textbook "We are very sorry" and that is it.

So I currently get the privilege of taking my time to hopefully re-sell this phone to someone in Canada.  I will resell it, because that is what I do, I get things done the right way and I own my mistakes and  move on.  This post is more of a reaction to my current frustration as well as a warning to anyone who may get similar bad information.

I am a HUGE fan of Sir Richard Branson and his business philosophies and believe this is not the kind of customer service he would support.

Mistakes happen, I get it.  I am just very frustrated with the lack of accountability.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/22/2013 12:33 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Virgin-Mobile-USA/internet/Virgin-Mobile-USA-False-and-misleading-information-provided-by-Customer-Service-Internet-1037091. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Virgin Mobile USA