Complaint Review: Virgin Mobile

• Reported By:McAllen Texas
Virgin Mobile
virginmobileusa.com Internet U.S.A.

Virgin Mobile ripoff dishonest billing practices Internet

WARNING! Never give your credit card and/or debit card number to Virgin Mobile. That gives them the immediate right to start taking money from your account whether you get their service or not.

Unfortunately, I learned this lesson the hard way. Virgin Mobile has taken money from my account for two straight months and I don't even have service with them.

When I tried to get a phone activated back in July, I wasn't able to activate it on-line, so I called Virgin Mobile. The live agent that I spoke to asked me to call back later because they had a high volume of calls.

When I called back two days later, the lady that I spoke to was very nice, but when I gave her the phone number that I had been given, she told me she could not activate it. She said something about "fraud" going on and she was going to have to speak to a supervisor and for me to call back later.

I was so frustrated at not being able to activate my phone, that two days later I called and told the agent that I no longer wanted to activate my phone and to cancel my account.

Two months later, while viewing my bank statements, I realized that Virgin Mobile had been deducting money from my account for two straight months!

I then called and spoke to a female supervisor who was rude and insolent and basically insinuated that I was the "dumb" one for not paying attention to their boilerplate language and that they were "could not" credit my money back. She basically blamed me for not properly activating my phone, when it was Virgin Mobile's people who screwed up.

This is a pretty good "scam" by Virgin Mobile and I don't see how they can get away with it. If I was doing the same thing, I would probably be in jail.

So whatever you do, never register your credit card/debit card with Virgin Mobile. They will certainly ripp you off!

Rudy
McAllen, Texas

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/15/2006 05:14 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Virgin-Mobile/internet/Virgin-Mobile-ripoff-dishonest-billing-practices-Internet-215930. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Virgin Mobile