Complaint Review: Virgin Vanlines. US

• Updated: Fri, August 16, 2013

• Reported By: William — Newport News Virginia
Virgin Vanlines. US
1`3300 Victory Blvd unit 316 Van Nuys, California USA

Virgin Vanlines. US Virgin Van Lines Inc. Rip Off Scam Artist Van Nuys California

*Consumer Suggestion: Please Follow Up

*Consumer Comment: Victims Unite

My wife and I contacted Virgin Van Lines US for a moving quote on 5/29/2013, we were given a quote of $1856.40 with a  Fuel Surcharge of $148.51. We were told that if we booked that week we would get $104.91 taken off the price so our total moving estimate would be $1900.00 with a deposit of $380 to reserve the date of 7/20/13-7/21/13, leaving a balance of $1520.00.

They called in July to say they would be coming for our furniture etc on the 20th of July, they showed up late in a "Budget"   truck saying they had just returned from Colorado and had not even had time to get the truck ready for our things!!

The main driver Steven was a real fast talker talking so fast we could barely keep up with what he was saying. He started telling me we should wrap things more even though my wife and I had boxed, wrapped and shrink wrapped almost all of our things!! I agreed to extra wrapping for a Curio cabinet we had so he put cardboard and a blanket around it and charged me an extra $90! He then said he would check to see if anything else needed extra protection but he would get our okay before he did anything.

Well the next thing we know we hear all this tape being pulled and he and his partner Patrick were busy wrapping things, they were taking so long about 4 hours give or take another one or two but no word from Steven on if we wanted to pay more so we figured whatever they were doing was included? Steven then advised us that we now had to pay an additional $391.38 for the wrapping and I don't even remember how much more for extra space on the truck!!

We didn't understand why we needed additional space as we didn't even have a complete house of furniture, so how could we now need more space??

I think these people just saw us coming and started adding up their cash!! We are older people both retired trying too move  to a place where the cost of living was cheaper and where  I could get Health care thru the VA for my many serious health problems!!  We just went a long with them because we had a deadline to make in moving to Virginia, we just wanted to get it over with.

We arrived in Virginia on the 31st of July  and waited for the 3rd of August to get our furniture etc delivered, they didn't show and when we called they were rude and told us they had 21 days to deliver. We did not understand that this was the case or we would have NEVER went with their company!!

Well here we are in our new apt with nothing but our suitcases, tired and upset that now we don't even have a bed to sleep on thanks to these horrible people!! We had a rough time had to buy all kinds of things just to survive and slept on a Blowup mattres which we are still on because when they finally arrived on August 12th they did not have our Box Spring and Mattress, our Curio cabinet and my standing jewelry box were broke and we have just found out that one of  my boxes containing a jewelry box with gifts from my Daugter and deceased Brother and cousin are missing. We have tried to get a claim form from these people but they keep saying they have found our BoxSpring and Mattress and they will get back to us but they never do!! When I call this person Danny and a Michelle who is supposed to get me the Claim forms they  are never available to speak with.

We are so tired and hurt and upset about the loss of things that can never be replaced and the fact that we still do not have a bed to sleep on!! Rings my brother who passed away left me are gone, a Native American Necklace my cousin made for me and things from my Daughter are all gone and who cares?

We don't know what else to do they wont send us a form to file a claim for the broken and lost things they wont even answer the phone, just keep giving messages to someone else that they will call, well we are still waiting!!

They are the worst company I have ever seen , they rip off their customers and take advantage of the Elderly. I think they are a bunch of thieves and liars.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/16/2013 04:41 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Virgin-Vanlines-US/Van-Nuys-California-91401/Virgin-Vanlines-US-Virgin-Van-Lines-Inc-Rip-Off-Scam-Artist-Van-Nuys-California-1076524. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Virgin Vanlines. US

#1 Consumer Suggestion

Please Follow Up

AUTHOR: Victim of Virgin Van Lines - ()

Victims Unite

AUTHOR: Victim of Virgin Van Lines - ()

This company is in the process of doing the very same type of activiites described here by all the others, to myself, and the entire contents of my household. They promised to ship in the two Budget ghetto trucks they picked up in because I refused to allow them to leave if I thought they were going to transfer my items to another truck, break items, pilfer my belongings. My items were supposed to arrive yesterday but they have not left. The contents of my entire workshop were in those boxes so my business is shut down until they decide to deliver. I am livid and I am not going to tolerate these activites. Unfortunately, I am also 3000 miles away!

I am selected an email account specifically to unite the victims of Virgin Van Lines and I am forming a Facebook page today for us, our stories and to put this company out of business.  Please search for me and join!