Complaint Review: Virgin Wireless USA

• Submitted: Mon, December 24, 2012
  • Updated: Mon, December 24, 2012

• Reported By: Debra — Saline Michigan United States of America
Virgin Wireless USA
https://www1.virginmobileusa.com/about/prepareEmai Internet United States of America

Virgin Wireless USA Service map faulty; no refund for less than 48 hours service. .virginmobileusa.com/about/preernet, Internet

Switched to Virgin Mobile because their coverage map showed I would get service at my home. Could not get even one bar in my home so called Virgin Mobile to indicate my dissatisfaction and that I was going to switch back to Verizon.  I told them I wanted a refund to my credit card for the charges I'd agreed to since the coverage was non-existant. Their response was that they'd have to wait until Verizon asked to port the phone number back. So my next Visa bill had a charge on it for $47.70 and when I called Virgin Mobile they said they couldn't refund my money because I no longer had an account there.  I told them I'd give them my credit card number for a refund or they could send me a check.  They wouldn't do it. Then I suggested that since my husband has an account with them (he doesn't use talk minutes, just data via our router) they could put the money on his account.  No, they wouldn't do that either.  So I contacted my Visa card company to dispute the charges and we'll see how that goes.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/24/2012 07:32 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Virgin-Wireless-USA/internet/Virgin-Wireless-USA-Service-map-faulty-no-refund-for-less-than-48-hours-service-virgin-986510. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Virgin Wireless USA