Complaint Review: Virginia College Birmingham

• Reported By: Joey — Birmingham Alabama United States of America
Virginia College Birmingham
488 Bagby Drive Birmingham alabama birmingham, Alabama United States of America

Virginia College Birmingham mISREPRESENTED THE PROGRAM birmingham, Alabama

*Consumer Comment: THIS FOR PROFIT VOCATIONAL SCHOOL TRIED TO RIP ME OFF TOO -- PLEASE CHECK BEFORE YOU ENROLL

I have been a student at Wallace State for two years(a great school)  and was told that if I passed college algebra at Wallace I would be a Respiratory Student at Virginia College what a lie I was told.   Not only did I make a B in college algebra ,now I am told that I still must make a 63 on the accuplacer to be considered as a student. I am an older student striving to put myself and my family in a good living situation but everything as blown up in my face.  I took the accuplacer and only earned a 28 the first time so now I guess I will never know what could have been.  I would have paid with student loans around 40000 for this degree.  Which would never go nowhere .  All major alabama colleges will accept my B in algebra.   Virginia collge is untrue to their word and I hope no one else gets suckered like I did.   I was hung up on twice when I tried to contact my admissions person, who by the way looked like a gangster.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/12/2010 07:25 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Virginia-College-Birmingham/birmingham-Alabama-/Virginia-College-Birmingham-mISREPRESENTED-THE-PROGRAM-birmingham-Alabama-631169. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Virginia College Birmingham

AUTHOR: Joe - (U.S.A.)

SOUNDS LIKE WHAT HAPPENED TO YOU ALMOST HAPPENED TO ME HERE IN AUSTIN,TEXAS... YOU HAVE TO CHECK THESE PEOPLE OUT BECAUSE VIRGINIA COLLEGE IS A FOR-PROFIT VOCATIONAL SCHOOL SCAM AND THOSE CREDITS GO NOWHERE!

IF YOU WANED TO BE A RESPIRATORY THERAPIST, IT IS EASIER AND CHEAPER TO ATTEND A JUNIOR COLLEGE. ALWAYS CHECK TO SEE WHO ACCREDITS COLLEGES AND UNIVERSITIES IN YOUR STATE.

VIRGINIA COLLEGE LIED TO ME --YOU CAN READ IT IN MY REPORT THAT I FILED ON VIRGINIA COLLEGE IN AUSTIN,TEXAS IN THE RIP OFF REPORT.

I WASN 'T ABLE TO GET A CLEAR PICTURE ABOUT WHAT THEY DID TO YOU BUT I GUESS THEY TOLD YOU YOUR CREDITS AT ANOTHER SCHOOL WOULD TRANSFER AND YOU FOUND OUT LIKE I DID THAT THEY WOULDN'T?

WELL, LYING TO YOU AND TRYING TO CONFUSE YOU AND CON YOU AND MAKE A HARD SELL IS PART OF THEIR SCAM.

YOU SHOULD REPORT THEM TO YOUR ATTORNEY GENERAL OR CALL YOUR  U.S. CONGRESSPERSON OR SENATORS AND LET THEM KNOW WHAT VIRGINIA COLLEGE IS DOING TO SCAM PEOPLE --FEDERAL DOLLARS ARE AT STAKE AND THEY WERE GOING T6O HAVE A HEARING IN WASHINGTON D.C. IN REFERENCE NOT ALLOWING FEDERAL FUNDS TO BE SPENT ON THE DAMN TRADE SCHOOLS LIKE VIRGINIA COLLEGE, IT IS NOT REALLY A COLLEGE, IT IS NOTHING BUT A RIP-OFF TRADE SCHOOL.

YOU DO NOT WANT TO ATTEND VIRGINIA COLLEGE ANYWAY! THEY WOULD HAVE STOLEN YOUR MONEY ,YOU WOULD HAVE HAD NO JOB AND ALL THAT MONEY TO PAY BACK TO THE GOVERNMENT.