Complaint Review: Virginia College Online

• Updated: Mon, April 02, 2012

• Reported By: Amanda Howard — Florence Alabama United States of America
Virginia College Online
Internet, Alabama United States of America

Virginia College Online Liars, never return phone calls or emails Internet, Alabama

*UPDATE EX-employee responds: The Ripoff is About More Than Your Petty Loan Advance Check

I am currently attending Viriginia College Online. They are liars. They have messed up my financial aid the past two terms. I was supposed to recieve my stipend check 2 months ago and still have not recieved it. They promised to get it over-nighted to me this weekend and lied. They promise to call you back and they do not. I have sometimes had to leave 5 or 6 voicemails and email the finaid rep 10 times before getting any type of response. They always send you to someone other than the person you are trying to reach. The problems with my financial aid were mistakes on their part and their staff blamed me. I was treated like I was stupid by one manager named Alan. The director, Angie Braunsweig, is a joke. She never returns your calls or emails. My finaid advisor, Hope Grant, hasn't spoken to me in 2 months. She is the one who really messed up everything. I was charged for more classes than I took this time around and when I brought it to their attention, I was called a liar. The professors are rude. I am in the process of transferring to another college. I will never reccommend Virginia college to anyone. Virginia College is a scam and a joke.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/03/2011 12:01 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Virginia-College-Online/Internet-Alabama-/Virginia-College-Online-Liars-never-return-phone-calls-or-emails-Internet-Alabama-772711. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Virginia College Online

#1 UPDATE EX-employee responds

The Ripoff is About More Than Your Petty Loan Advance Check

AUTHOR: Lori - (U.S.A.)

I agree that VC is a ripoff but why are you attending school just for a check? Do you spend half this time studying or trying to find a job that will help you pay for the massive amount of debt you are accruing? The most annoying things about working at VC is half knowing that the school is a complete waste of time and ripoff and half that the people there are just check-chasers bankrupting this country taking out loans they have no ability or intention of repaying. If you all really wanted an education, why not go to a community college where your Pell grant would pay for everything and your credits will transfer? Oh, because you can get your little loan advance check...

VC preys on people who do not know better and have no concept of financial management and responsibly. Who would attend a college where their credits will not transfer and employers will not accept your degree? More than that, who would pay for a $22,000 certificate or a $35,000 - $50,000 associate degree when local community colleges offer the same exact degree for $2,500 for certificates, and less than $9,000 for the associates? I am NOT exaggerating. Please look at these prices if you think I am. http://www.vc.edu/consumerinfo/

When you make petty claims about this you divert attention from their real issues. They prey on minorities, they cost over 10x as much as good schools, credits do not transfer, the degrees are not respected in the workplace, etc.