Complaint Review: Virginia Employment Services

• Submitted: Thu, June 18, 2009
  • Updated: Thu, June 18, 2009

• Reported By:Virginia Beach Virginia
Virginia Employment Services
N. Military Highway Norfolk, Virginia U.S.A.

Virginia Employment Services Stole $365 from me, promising a job Norfolk Virginia

I am making this report in hopes that you won't make the same mistake I did. I responded to an add on craigslist for a position in which I felt qualified for and was contacted to come into the VES office in Norfolk the very next day. They promised me interviews that afternoon with real employers looking for staff and the next day if I signed a contract with them. The office was plain, they weren't dressed professionally and it felt like a scam from the start, but for people who are actively searching for jobs with little results, this seemed very helpful.

They promised to do all the leg work, and set up interviews. I just had to call in to talk to the "service specialist" and get the information. I signed up 2 weeks ago and have not had an interview yet. They only give you very basic generic information for companies that may or may not be hiring. Most of which, you just submit an application online as I have been doing for the past 2 months. It's so broad. Job recruiters don't even charge for their services so I should have known better, but in this economy, people do desperate things in desperate times. They showed me a contract and told me it was $365. I was VERY hesitant and said it was way to much. They kept promising me I would have a job in less than 3 months and it would pay itself off. I should have went home and slept on it and done my research but I didn't. I felt pressured and knew I had it in my savings so I went forward. I paid them and signed the contract, BAD IDEA!!! I called back requesting my money back and they said no since I signed and read the contract.

If you're reading this, please don't fall victim as I have. I would love to get my money back or at least some of it, but I know that probably won't happen. I have continued my job hunt on my own and have some things working out for me hopefully.

I hope someone figures out how to shut them down!

Got scammed!!! don't let it happen to you!
Virginia Beach, Virginia

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/18/2009 07:14 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Virginia-Employment-Services/Norfolk-Virginia/Virginia-Employment-Services-Stole-365-from-me-promising-a-job-Norfolk-Virginia-462782. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Virginia Employment Services