- Report: #888056
Report - Rebuttal - Arbitrate
Complaint Review: Virginia Surety Company
Virginia Surety Company175 W Jackson Blvd., 11th Floor Internet United States of America
Virginia Surety Company United Auto Care TOTAL RIPOFF! United Auto Care Extended Warranty - THEY TAKE YOUR MONEY AND LEAVE YOU HANGING Internet, Internet
*General Comment: And you were suprised.
- In March 2010, I purchased a 3-year extended warranty from The Warranty Group (United Auto Care) for my pre-owned BMW M3.
- On May 23, 2012, I brought the vehicle to a qualified BMW repair facility to diagnose and/or repair problems with transmission and suspension.
- The repair facility indicated the following problems:
- Rear Control Arm bushings defective;
- Transmission paddle shift switches intermittently failing to engage;
- Fly wheel or clutch problem causing shaking and slipping.
at which time, The Warranty Group (United Auto Care) stated the following:
- "Rear Control Arm bushings are a warranty-covered component."
- "Paddle shifter switches are NOT a warranty-covered component," even though the warranty contract language explicitly states that "manually operated switches are covered," and "mechanically actuated switches are covered."
- "Fly wheel is a warranty-covered component, but Owner must authorize disassembly of transmission at his own cost of approximately $1,500 to determine whether the problem is due to a warranty-covered component.
- The Warranty Group (United Auto Care) indicated that they would send a claims adjuster to the auto repair facility to inspect and make a determination of coverage.
- The Warranty Group (United Auto Care) summarily denied coverage for an explicitly covered component (manually operated paddle shifter switches);
- The Warranty Group (United Auto Care) claims adjuster did NOT even inspect the Rear Control Arm bushings, but denied the claim stating that "there is nothing wrong with the bushings."
- The Warranty Group (United Auto Care) refuses to accept or decline the hourly labor rate of the repairs, and insists that I must disassemble transmission at an unknown cost exposure prior to dispositioning claim on transmission problem.
United Auto Care and The Warranty Group and the Virginia Surety Company are RIP OFFS!
This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/25/2012 08:37 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Virginia-Surety-Company/internet/Virginia-Surety-Company-United-Auto-Care-TOTAL-RIPOFF-United-Auto-Care-Extended-Warranty-888056. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.
If you would like to see more Rip-off Reports on this company/individual, search here:Search Tips
In order to assure the best results in your search:
- Keep the name short & simple, and try different variations of the name.
- Do not include ".com", "S", "Inc.", "Corp", or "LLC" at the end of the Company name.
- Use only the first/main part of a name to get best results.
- Only search one name at a time if Company has many AKA's.
Advertisers above have met our
strict standards for business conduct.