Complaint Review: Virginia Surety

• Updated: Thu, January 24, 2013

• Reported By: Anonymous — Texas United States of America
Virginia Surety
175 W Jackson Blvd., 11th Floor Chicago, Illinois United States of America

Virginia Surety Portfolio, Warranty Goup, First Extended Service Corporation did not honor warranty! poor customer service Chicago, Illinois

Vehicle: 2006 325xi, under an extended "Plan F Hi-Tech Coverage" warranty with Portfolio/Virginia Surety. On January 22, 2013, I started my car and it immediately started shaking, and the Service Engine Soon light came on. I took it straight to Autobahn DFW dealership of Fort Worth, TX. They repaired it the same day, the problem was an ignition coil, which they replaced. The dealer called into to Portfolio and was told this problem was not covered under warranty, so I paid $364.91 out of pocket to get my car back. I called Portfolio at 1-800-527-3426 twice to try to get this resolved, speaking with a manager the second time. I explained that an "ignition module" is listed as covered under my warranty and when you look up that term on the internet, it says the ignition module is an interchangeable term with ignition coil, and sent them proof of what I was referring to.  Due to the ambiguity of the term listed in their warranty, I was requesting that they pay for the repairs. They still denied my claim, and were very unwilling to cooperate, or try to reach a resolution.  Customer satisfaction is NOT what they strive for.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/24/2013 09:47 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Virginia-Surety/Chicago-Illinois-60604/Virginia-Surety-Portfolio-Warranty-Goup-First-Extended-Service-Corporation-did-not-honor-1002524. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Virginia Surety