Complaint Review: Viridian Energy

• Reported By: VR — New Jersey United States of America
Viridian Energy
263 Tresser Blvd., Fl. 9 Stamford, Connecticut United States of America

Viridian Energy Viridian does not save the consumer money Stamford, Connecticut

I was convinced by a sales person to switch from JCP&L to Veridian.  I was told I would save money.  In my opinion, it is a ripoff.  While I did save the first month, about a year into having Viridian as the supplier I believe I detect a pattern.  During the lower usage months in the spring and fall the Viridian price is slightly lower than JCP&L.  During the high use months of the summer and winter, the Viridian price is higher.

When I called to question why the rates were higher I was told "... that is the way it is."  They then told me the rates from them will sometimes be higher.  When I indicated I was not happy and would change suppliers there was no reaction.  I have been trying to switch suppliers for months.  Viridian made them get independent verification which held up the process for months, during the higher priced winter.

If you are considering switching I suggest you get actual cost data for a year or a written rate guarantee before moving forward with any alternative source.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/05/2012 12:14 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Viridian-Energy/Stamford-Connecticut-06901/Viridian-Energy-Viridian-does-not-save-the-consumer-money-Stamford-Connecticut-848925. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Viridian Energy